Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I honestly dont recall that.

I thought it was just 12.15am, Everton have signed Fellaini.

But my memory isnt great.
My doddery old memory is the same. The transfer window had done its clichéd slamming shut, and there was major fuming that we'd signed nobody, and then some minutes later there was the odd rumour of the signing, but it took a while before we fans were content that it had happened. I for one had never heard of Fellaini at that point.

Have we ever signed a player out the blue that the club announced before we all knew it was happening?
Not sure it'll ever happen again as much as I'd love it. I remember a couple of years ago Villa signed Chambers from Arsenal and just announced it without a single rumour it was happening and the kids on twitter thought it was crazy that could possibly happen. Can't think of any examples anywhere in the top flight since.

I honestly dont recall that.

I thought it was just 12.15am, Everton have signed Fellaini.

But my memory isnt great.

My doddery old memory is the same. The transfer window had done its clichéd slamming shut, and there was major fuming that we'd signed nobody, and then some minutes later there was the odd rumour of the signing, but it took a while before we fans were content that it had happened. I for one had never heard of Fellaini at that point.

It moved quick but there was reports we were trying to sign him before we did.

I remember thinking he played well vs Liverpool and was really hyped that game and I hoped we signed him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back