CB: Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Keane, Holgate
LB: Mykolenko, Young
CM: Gueye, Garner, Iroegbunam
RM: Harrison
LM: McNeil
SS: Doucoure, Ndiaye, Maupay, Dele?
ST: Beto, DCL, Chermiti

Think we need to sign a RB to let Patterson go on a loan
Replace Holgate with another centre half + ideally Keane goes out as well with another CB then needed
Buy another CM to replace Onana
Buy a starting winger + a young talent to replace Dobbin
Either Doucoure needs to be moved down to CM or we really need to let sell Maupay, do not understand Dele signing at all
If DCL goes we need another striker, Chermiti then maybe can go on a loan

Therefore we need:
RB
1-2 CBs
CM
2 wingers
Striker

6-7 players needed
Holgate and Keane are mentioned repeatedly, but who is going to buy them and pay them their current salary?
Also do not agree with Patterson out on loan, he neeeds to play - see it as the only way he is going to reach the required standard on a consistent basis (he does have Coleman & Young as role models, he needs to learn from them).

Holgate and Keane are mentioned repeatedly, but who is going to buy them and pay them their current salary?
Also do not agree with Patterson out on loan, he neeeds to play - see it as the only way he is going to reach the required standard on a consistent basis (he does have Coleman & Young as role models, he needs to learn from them).
I think Keane has a much bigger appeal. At the minimum we should be able to let him go for a loan as he has an expiring contract.

Same story with Holgate but we may need to cover a part of his wages or need to accept a deal where we just agree to cancel his contract or something like that.

With Patterson I think he either needs to start here or needs to play elsewhere. And honestly if we have money for that then I think we need a more reliable RB option than Patterson. But with numbers in our squad it may also make sense to keep him around. A RB like Kaboré could play as a winger as well, that could also help Patterson to give him playtime.

GK: Pickford, Virginia
RB: Patterson, Coleman
CB: Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Keane, Holgate
LB: Mykolenko, Young
CM: Gueye, Garner, Iroegbunam
RM: Harrison
LM: McNeil
SS: Doucoure, Ndiaye, Maupay, Dele?
ST: Beto, DCL, Chermiti

Think we need to sign a RB to let Patterson go on a loan
Replace Holgate with another centre half + ideally Keane goes out as well with another CB then needed
Buy another CM to replace Onana
Buy a starting winger + a young talent to replace Dobbin
Either Doucoure needs to be moved down to CM or we really need to let sell Maupay, do not understand Dele signing at all
If DCL goes we need another striker, Chermiti then maybe can go on a loan

Therefore we need:
RB
1-2 CBs
CM
2 wingers
Striker

6-7 players needed
You have needs and wants mixed up mate.

We need :

LB
CM
2 Winger

We want

2 new CBs
2 new Strikers

If the price is doable that's a class signing.
3 starts for Napoli in a full season , Sometimes transfers don't work out , it's obvious it didn't for this lad.
He is definitely a talent , christ we need someone like this with pace to burn.
Doesn't look an orthodox winger but then neither do McNeil or Harrison.
Be a good signing this lad.

Agreed , going to need a rapid winger to cover our 98 year old right backs

I think we need a midfielder with some experience who gets the play moving. We can buy all the 10’s and wingers we want but without someone to drive forward from midfield and knit it altogether we’ll be all over the place. Not sure I saw enough from Garner to that effect so we need someone of experience in there imo. Kalvin Phillips of yesteryear would have been ideal but too much of a risk now. Really hope he’s not seeing Doucoure as the answer, whilst he’s physical and combative he’s got zero composure. Any shouts on realistic option?

I think we need a midfielder with some experience who gets the play moving. We can buy all the 10’s and wingers we want but without someone to drive forward from midfield and knit it altogether we’ll be all over the place. Not sure I saw enough from Garner to that effect so we need someone of experience in there imo. Kalvin Phillips of yesteryear would have been ideal but too much of a risk now. Really hope he’s not seeing Doucoure as the answer, whilst he’s physical and combative he’s got zero composure. Any shouts on realistic option?

….no, mate :Blink:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back