Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hmm, seems this would be perfect to buy Tim a season to develop into that role. Nice planning Kev.

Selling Onana and replacing on loan would allow us to add a winger and RB/CB at least, and maybe 1 more. We would then only have to figure out strikers, on paper we would be much better off than last season. But I always figured we would only add a new striker if we sold DCL anyway, so funds would come from his sale.

Would he be any different than the lad we got from Villa ? I mean one 20 year old defensive centre mid would make sense, not two

Bit of a risk but could can see why we would do it, garner would have to step up to be one of the more experienced players in cm. The chelsea lad is meant to be similar style to onanw so would not shock me if thelwell has had him looked at before when in france

On the one hand, replacing Onana in the squad with Iroegbunam (England u20) and Ugochukwu (France u21) could be forward thinking.

But this hamstring injury of Ugochukwu may be an issue;

If we manage to bring him in on loan it's a smart move if there is an option to buy.

Right Back
Centre back (possibly two if Branthwaite goes)
Centre Mid
Centre Forward (when DCL goes)
Another wide midfielder\forward

This is bare minimum we need. So 5 new players in for sure but potentially 6.
Those do seem to be the areas of need. Seems we have been linked, however tentatively, with:

Right Back: Tchatchoua, Kabore
Center Back: O’Brien, Alderete, Sanchez
Center Mid: Florentino, Bove, Ugochukwu, O’Reilly
Center Forward: Broja, Fofana, Nketiah, Adams (not an inspiring group)
Wide: Philogene, Lindstrom, Asprilla, Gnoto

Some of those would be alright, some….not so much.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think McTominay is a good player. He's not worth what Man Utd would want for him but he's a good player. Scores important goals too and doesn't disappear in matches.
I rate him as well. Scores goals and adds height in the midfield. I would not pay anything close to what they want for him though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back