Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Good money for a player I don’t think we’ve seen the best of. But Villa are a lesson for us. Was it 4 years ago they were in the championship? And now they’re in the champions league. Believe everyone.
That was made possible thanks to the money they got by selling grealish (100 millions) and reinvesting the money well. Not convinced yet that thelwell would do the same if we were to sell branthwaite for top money.

I'm guessing it was brought in to kill those deals where a club buys a young player but let's them stay at their old club like spurs did with Jack Clarke at Leeds because its a very specific rule to have otherwise that can't have happened often
Yeah it's a strange one. Even the sort of scenario you describe doesn't seem that unreasonable a thing to want to do.

Yes exactly , so many times we've been shunned . Hopefully the stadium can change our trajectory
I've seen a few posters say this. Do players really care about the arena they play in? They might, I suppose, but I suspect it's below playing European footie, winning pots and definitely below how much cash they're getting paid. I'm not sure the stadium will make much of a difference, tbh.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.