Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

….at least the links are to players who seem to look after the football better.
I know for a fact we’ve looked at him as a potential fit for the Onana ‘profile’.

I believe our recruitment now is trying to move toward more that type of model so we aren’t stuck in a similar situation to when DCL was out and we had no alternative (Beto/Chermiti similar types).

I've seen a few posters say this. Do players really care about the arena they play in? They might, I suppose, but I suspect it's below playing European footie, winning pots and definitely below how much cash they're getting paid. I'm not sure the stadium will make much of a difference, tbh.

There are only a handful of clubs in world football who do this anyway, and they are clubs that we won’t be competing with for signings.

I know for a fact we’ve looked at him as a potential fit for the Onana ‘profile’.

I believe our recruitment now is trying to move toward more that type of model so we aren’t stuck in a similar situation to when DCL was out and we had no alternative (Beto/Chermiti similar types).
Richardson? Seems more ahead of the chelsea lad for experience, i would see more a positive if we did that instead of the talk of Phillips would be more for the long term. Unless we could get phillips and him

That was made possible thanks to the money they got by selling grealish (100 millions) and reinvesting the money well. Not convinced yet that thelwell would do the same if we were to sell branthwaite for top money.
In terms of DOF's he's taken a job which until now has been a poisoned challis ill be judging him once there is actually decent coin to spend personally. Don't get me wrong he's not always got it right (maupay immediately springs to mind) however there are still decent money making players under him that have come good in terms of profit. Onana 50m yet gets grief (which will bite us on the arse I reckon) if beto goes turkey that's great business a year for free and pay them with Turkish fee (although loan is the likelihood) James Garner 9m to me is a steal the list probably goes on and apologies for all brackets. I think we should judge big nose when the new owner comes in and gives him a war chest to actually use rather then the situation we are currently in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.