Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

A left footed central midfielder ?

Wouldnt really be looking at him for right wing but perhaps to replace Onana.

Indeed and now with only 1 year on his deal and a rumoured fee of £15mil it seems odd were not back in for him.

Thought it was pretty well known we bid for him in January at the very least.
Mcatee not for me would be for out wide or the attacking mid role would not be the onana replacement. Can see us looking at a similar profile to onana with links to the chelsea lad and the lad in france who have similar profiles

Don't really understand the lack of enthusiasm for Gnonto. Was very impressed by him when Leeds were in the PL, granted I didn't watch him in the championship at all last season.

Think his antics in trying to force through a move to us previously might have left a bad taste for some.
He hasn't impressed me at all since coming to England but he's very young so it doesn't mean he wouldn't be good but i think he would cost a lot for what you would get in the short term. I know quite a lot of Leeds fans through work and they all say he's been disappointing they thought he would be too good for the championship but actually he wasn't very good at all.

Don't really understand the lack of enthusiasm for Gnonto. Was very impressed by him when Leeds were in the PL, granted I didn't watch him in the championship at all last season.

Think his antics in trying to force through a move to us previously might have left a bad taste for some.
I’d prefer we went for Crysencio Summerville over him. Much better player.

A left footed central midfielder ?

Wouldnt really be looking at him for right wing but perhaps to replace Onana.

1721052512553.webp

I don't understand the attraction to a player who scored 2 goals last time he was in PL.

Michael Keane has scored more.

Don't really understand the lack of enthusiasm for Gnonto.
I dont understand any enthusiasm for signing him, other than the maybe that is potential. The prem experience you talk of is chalked up to one goal pr 11 apperances. What i saw of him made those stats make sense, he never looked very good. 8 goals in a full championship season for one of the best teams in that league in almost 40 games is not impressive either. So why enthusiastic, unless its on the assumption that he is going to improve a lot?

I don't understand the attraction to a player who scored 2 goals last time he was in PL.

Michael Keane has scored more.
You wouldn’t have wanted Gordon either then? It was a running joke on here that he couldn’t finish his breakfast. His end product was non existent and people on here were literally pi$sing themselves that we got 40 million for him. Again, Gnonto is 20 years old and nowhere near the finished product and to be honest it would be weird to expect him to be.

I dont understand any enthusiasm for signing him, other than the maybe that is potential. The prem experience you talk of is chalked up to one goal pr 11 apperances. What i saw of him made those stats make sense, he never looked very good. 8 goals in a full championship season for one of the best teams in that league in almost 40 games is not impressive either. So why enthusiastic, unless it’s on the assumption that he is going to improve a lot?
Forget the games, look at the minutes played. He spend all first half of the season making cameos off the bench because he pi$sed everybody off at the club. How many goals did Gordon score for us in his early years?

You wouldn’t have wanted Gordon either then? It was a running joke on here that he couldn’t finish his breakfast. His end product was non existent and people on here were literally pi$sing themselves that we got 40 million for him. Again, Gnonto is 20 years old and nowhere near the finished product and to be honest it would be weird to expect him to be.
No, I hated Gordon and was made up we sold the spotty oik.

He scored goals when he moved to a decent side, but he was rubbish for us and if he stayed here, he would have been rubbish again.

Tessman on radar of Ipswich apparently in terms of a loan deal. Feels like we are now just thrown into any deal Ipswich want as another name now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back