Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It's guaranteed that we won't fill all gaps by the time the window closes. That's a given. Year on year this happens.

RB, CB, Wing, a forward if DCL goes, and another MF. Being greedy I'd like 2 wing options.

Thats 6 additional, even including the loan market thats a tall order but it's a long drawn out process to the end of August.

I'd like us to get another 3 in by the end of this month, but I don't think we will.

We could do with Onana's deal being finalised asap, when he returns from holiday.

2 by the end of July and another 2 in August to add to what we have already would be my guess.

I’m normally on our case for not getting business done early but this time it doesn’t appear to be the case from what I can see. We‘re currently stronger than we ended last season, and when Onana’s gone it looks like we have targets lined up and are ready to move on them. It just seems more organised and planned to me this year. Maybe it’s because Bill isn’t around wanting to save a months worth of wages.

I'll wait until players are actually signed before getting excited. There's a lot of nearly, maybe, might do business happening at the minute.

It's not good. We have 1 new impactful player essentially.

We have very little money and the club is going through a takeover.

I've been (and am) critical of the recruitment, but to have 3 in for pre-season - and it would have been more had the Dom to Newcastle move gone through - isn't bad going (but, we'd have lost our best CF).

Onana leaving will free up some funds, but there's a lot of time to go.

Winger, midfielder and a full-back are urgently required, then centre-back and another winger.

I’m normally on our case for not getting business done early but this time it doesn’t appear to be the case from what I can see. We‘re currently stronger than we ended last season, and when Onana’s gone it looks like we have targets lined up and are ready to move on them. It just seems more organised and planned to me this year. Maybe it’s because Bill isn’t around wanting to save a months worth of wages.

Really?

We've lost 2 wingers, 2 cm and a cb who was also our back up lb and rb. Were also about to sell another cm and it looks like were trying to sell our main striker.

We need to sign two winger, two cm, a striker, a cb and fb cover just to get up to the squad numbers we had last season.

We really need to be bringing in players soon otherwise our bench first game of the season is going to be empty and thats hopeing everyone is fit and healthy.

We must have had cash for the Philogene move, that was before any talk of Onana going so there must be something towards Gnonto hopefully. Otherwise Newcastle will beat us.

Really?

We've lost 2 wingers, 2 cm and a cb who was also our back up lb and rb. Were also about to sell another cm and it looks like were trying to sell our main striker.

We need to sign two winger, two cm, a striker, a cb and fb cover just to get up to the squad numbers we had last season.

We really need to be bringing in players soon otherwise our bench first game of the season is going to be empty and thats hopeing everyone is fit and healthy.
Early in the season it isn't numbers that are the problem we'll easily be able to put out a full squad of senior players the issue is that we need to bring in more quality.

We've lost more than that though right ?

Godfrey, Dobbin, Gomes, Danjuma - most likely Onana.

Harrison in doesn't count for me as he was here last season.

Net, i'd say we are a couple negative,

Gomes replaced by Ireogebunan

Danjuma and Dobbin just didn't get minutes but they want two wingers.

Godfrey needs replacing with another CB that is better than Keane or Holgate (the latter will almost certainly go) and we need another RB.

But it's A LOT better than I expected.

And we've got in Ndiaye who is a good player and a long-term target that means Doucoure will, in theory, move back and fill in as a midfielder rather than playing second striker.

Desperate for another CM.
I imagine it'll be later in the window.

Doucoure will be seen as a CM now with Ndiaye in. And if Dele does get a contract, we'll see if we actually look at a CM at all.

I do think we need one, FWIW, but Dyche's first-choice will almost certainly be 2 of Gana/Garner/Doucoure and I think he'll be fine with those options as an initial 3.

If we did get a CM in, then wouldn't be shocked to see Doucoure go.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back