Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I imagine it'll be later in the window.

Doucoure will be seen as a CM now with Ndiaye in. And if Dele does get a contract, we'll see if we actually look at a CM at all.

I do think we need one, FWIW, but Dyche's first-choice will almost certainly be 2 of Gana/Garner/Doucoure and I think he'll be fine with those options as an initial 3.

If we did get a CM in, then wouldn't be shocked to see Doucoure go.

This is all under the assumption Gana can do it over a season. He ended strongly but had many crap performances. Also despise Doucoure at CM.

I imagine it'll be later in the window.

Doucoure will be seen as a CM now with Ndiaye in. And if Dele does get a contract, we'll see if we actually look at a CM at all.

I do think we need one, FWIW, but Dyche's first-choice will almost certainly be 2 of Gana/Garner/Doucoure and I think he'll be fine with those options as an initial 3.

If we did get a CM in, then wouldn't be shocked to see Doucoure go.
Once Onana is sold we will definitely need a midfielder. I'm still not sure we will sign Dele but he's not a replacement for Onana.

And then there is the uncertainty with DCL. If he is sold then we absolutely need a centre forward. And I think we will need to sell because the longer it goes the less likely it is he signs a contract.

We need to get our outgoings finalised ASAP so we have time to get adequate replacements. It would be good to have a competitive team on the pitch during August for once

Gomes replaced by Ireogebunan

Danjuma and Dobbin just didn't get minutes but they want two wingers.

Godfrey needs replacing with another CB that is better than Keane or Holgate (the latter will almost certainly go) and we need another RB.

But it's A LOT better than I expected.

And we've got in Ndiaye who is a good player and a long-term target that means Doucoure will, in theory, move back and fill in as a midfielder rather than playing second striker.
You reckon Holgate will go? If he does we'll definitely need someone in.

I thought they might just leave him as 4th choice and spend the money elsewhere.

---------------------------Pickford------------------------
-----------Tarkowski----Branthwaite----Myko------------
Patto--------------Garner-----------Gana---------McNeil
-----------Gnonto-----------------------Ndiaye-----------
----------------------------Beto---------------------------

Winning the league lad.

Winning the league lad.

If that was our best XI it's another relegation scrap at best. We need at least another three players + squad fillers.

Winning the league lad.
That's fine, but what are the chances of playing the same 11 every week

We know Sean don't do subs, but where's the squad depth?

This is all under the assumption Gana can do it over a season. He ended strongly but had many crap performances. Also despise Doucoure at CM.
Did he? I can't remember many. He was very consistent when he played. His fitness was a bit of an issue.

But yes, we can't rely on a 35-year-old, 100%. We need another CM in IMO. I just don't know if the club/manager will look at it that way right now because they'll see Doucoure moving back.

Once Onana is sold we will definitely need a midfielder. I'm still not sure we will sign Dele but he's not a replacement for Onana.

And then there is the uncertainty with DCL. If he is sold then we absolutely need a centre forward. And I think we will need to sell because the longer it goes the less likely it is he signs a contract.

We need to get our outgoings finalised ASAP so we have time to get adequate replacements. It would be good to have a competitive team on the pitch during August for once
I agree Tim, but as it stands I think there's a chance the club want funds to go elsewhere, because they do generally see Doucoure as a midfielder.

So while Onana is going, they will just see his 'replacement' as Doucoure - for now.

That's not to say they won't go and get someone else in but Onana wasn't first choice (wrongly IMO) under Dyche. So it's perhaps less of a priority right now, meaning it may wait until later in the window.

Winning the league lad.

beto won’t be the striker

we will get another RB

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back