Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Won't see a 3cbs thank god, because I hate when we play that system

-----------Pickford
(New RB) Tarks Branthwaite Myko (need better cover)
--------Gana Garner (New CM)
--Gnonto/Harrison NDiaye McNeil
-------------Broja

Be something like that

We need a new RB, CM, got the young lad from Villa he may well come in now and then, could possibly see Doucoure leaving as he's on big wages and only a year left I think? Don't think he's a starter now that NDiaye is here.

From what i'm seeing Broja seems to be the choice to replace DCL

Broja is the one target of Thelwell's that I'd be really disappointed if it came true. Don't rate him at all.

Tim, who won't start games yet.

Doesn’t mean he won’t make an impact. I doubt he’s moved from Villa to not play first team football for us. We need another centre mid but as things stand he’s probably first sub for either Gueye or Garner and one of them is 34.

It’s been a decent start to the window and the club have got players in quicker than j thought they would have. Would be a good boost if we can secure Gnonto soon too.

Doesn’t mean he won’t make an impact. I doubt he’s moved from Villa to not play first team football for us. We need another centre mid but as things stand he’s probably first sub for either Gueye or Garner and one of them is 34.

It’s been a decent start to the window and the club have got players in quicker than j thought they would have. Would be a good boost if we can secure Gnonto soon too.

That's a lot of words instead of just saying "ah, yeh"

---------------------------Pickford------------------------
-----------Tarkowski----Branthwaite----Myko------------
Patto--------------Garner-----------Gana---------McNeil
-----------Gnonto-----------------------Ndiaye-----------
----------------------------Beto---------------------------

Winning the league lad.
Pickford

Kabore Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

Gnonto McKennie Gana McNeil

Ndiaye

Beto

12th?

Haha what, who are the 2 wingers? Dobbin and who?

We’ve lost Andre Gomes and Lewis Warrington? OH NO

We’ve lost Ben Godfrey? OH NO

Our first XI is currently stronger than it was. Sorry.

Danjuma?

And were about to sell onana and are looking to sell dcl

And we've sold our back up cb, and fb option.

so our current starting 11 if you go off the end of last season is stronger if you think nadiya is better then doucore?

But our squad is worse then its ever been. We are one cb injury away from playing keane, one winger injury from playing... who?

Our LB cover is currently our starting RB whos 40 btw.

So yes i suppose the current staring 11 is better then it was last season we just cant make any substitutions and have to hope to god that we dont pick up any injuries because you know how lucky we are with injuries at this club!

No mate. Wrong sorry. We baught him for 33mill 2 years ago. So he has a rough book value of around 20mill. So we are actually making a profit of 30-35 million plus whatever the sell on clause may bring in. So actually from a psr point of view a good deal.

I am sure I will be corrected on the figures If I am wrong as it's kinda rough.

Profit???

Not current book value.

Im not talking about it from a psr point of view im talking about money spent to what we're making back.

Which will be between £5m-£12m like i said if the fees being reported is to be believed.

So no mate. Wrong Sorry.

Danjuma?

And were about to sell onana and are looking to sell dcl

And we've sold our back up cb, and fb option.

so our current starting 11 if you go off the end of last season is stronger if you think nadiya is better then doucore?

But our squad is worse then its ever been. We are one cb injury away from playing keane, one winger injury from playing... who?

Our LB cover is currently our starting RB whos 40 btw.

So yes i suppose the current staring 11 is better then it was last season we just cant make any substitutions and have to hope to god that we dont pick up any injuries because you know how lucky we are with injuries at this club!

Yes I do think Ndiaye is much better than Doucoure.

Danjuma LOL. We’ll miss his contributions loads.

And that 40 year old was both of those things last season too. We were also an injury away from playing Keane at CB last season as well. Godfrey was never a centre back option.

If a player comes on for 1minute at the end for a season of 38 games e.g take a look at Lindstrom playing something silly like 5 or 6 games worth of minutes after being signed for €30mil -- how to quantify that?

The only realistic way to simplify the numbers is total mins ÷ 90 and even then its not ideal as players starting games are in a better position to score goals imo.

Fact is that in his last 2 seasons hes almost a goal/assist every 2 games worth of minutes.
How is it more realistic than using his actual numbers? I agree, because of sub apperances it doesnt give a full view of him as a player, but taking minutes from 24 seperate games and adding them together, making them full 90min matches is nonsense. You are literally guessing how he wouldve done if those sub apperances in 24 seperate games were made to seperate full matches insted. It isnt based in reality in any way. Reality says, he played 24 games, scored 2 and assisted 4. Those were not 24 matches of 90minutes and that must be included when making up an opinion on him as a player.

How is it more realistic than using his actual numbers? I agree, because of sub apperances it doesnt give a full view of him as a player, but taking minutes from 24 seperate games and adding them together, making them full 90min matches is nonsense. You are literally guessing how he wouldve done if those sub apperances in 24 seperate games were made to seperate full matches insted. It isnt based in reality in any way. Reality says, he played 24 games, scored 2 and assisted 4. Those were not 24 matches of 90minutes and that must be included when making up an opinion on him as a player.
Goals/assists per minute played is just a more accurate and reliable system than games played - especially when there’s been many sub appearances - isn’t it?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back