Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Not a peep for a week.

The links not long ago to Esteve at Burnley are interesting. They signed him for €12mil as per Transfermarkt. Same as Odobert their left winger.

Both in Thierry Henry's u23 side. I'd happily take both players and with them relegated there may be a double deal to be done.

Who knows?
Absolute fantasist you are.

Minutes per goal/assist is the ONLY way to fairly measure it. You can’t have someone coming on in injury time and then counting that as 1 game played! Only someone with an agenda towards a player they don’t like would use that as a stick to beat them with. Coming on as sub with 20 minutes to go is not the same as starting a game and playing the full 90, quite obviously.
I think its one of those things you have to find a middle ground on because minutes per goal/assist doesn't really work to extrapolate what somebody would do if they played more you're right about the player coming on in injury time but if you keep coming on for 20 minutes against tired defences while your team is constantly attacking then you're going to find it easier to get goals and assists than if you're slogging away for 90 minutes and being asked to defend. You have to use common sense to work out what you're dealing with not just take it at face value. @Nyhus is right that 2 goals can't really be called impressive even in limited minutes its not bad but its not impressive.

At this moment in time CM and RB I feel are most important areas.

Of course bringing in another wide player and potentially a striker if DCL is on the move another step.

But yes, 4.5 weeks left and seems we will be starting with what we have!

Still 4 1/2 weeks until the first game.

All things considered, they've already got 3 in, it's not bad.
We've lost more than that though right ?

Godfrey, Dobbin, Gomes, Danjuma - most likely Onana.

Harrison in doesn't count for me as he was here last season.

Net, i'd say we are a couple negative,

It's not good. We have 1 new impactful player essentially.

I’m normally on our case for not getting business done early but this time it doesn’t appear to be the case from what I can see. We‘re currently stronger than we ended last season, and when Onana’s gone it looks like we have targets lined up and are ready to move on them. It just seems more organised and planned to me this year. Maybe it’s because Bill isn’t around wanting to save a months worth of wages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back