Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Mate we need to move on. I’ve seen many, many better strikers move on from Everton and we’ve always seemed to do ok. Dom is most certainly not in that category, though some of his ‘PR’ on here suggests otherwise 😆🤷‍♂️

Btw ive always said I’d like him to stick around but if he wants out I won’t lose sleep and I hope it’ll be a change that means we bring in a striker with far more goals👍
I have no issue moving on because he wants to move on. I'm just saying we won't replace him with a better striker for Dycheball. That's it

I have no issue moving on because he wants to move on. I'm just saying we won't replace him with a better striker for Dycheball. That's it
Have you ever considered that maybe having Dom is part of the reason for playing ‘Dycheball’?
Start of last season I saw enough to see that Dyche has more to him than the lazy tropes around hoof ball. We played some decent footy but couldn’t score goals.. that wasn’t on Dyche, but the strikers.
If we’d converted the chances earlier on, perhaps Dycheball wouldn’t have been a thing?

Have you ever considered that maybe having Dom is part of the reason for playing ‘Dycheball’?
Start of last season I saw enough to see that Dyche has more to him than the lazy tropes around hoof ball. We played some decent footy but couldn’t score goals.. that wasn’t on Dyche, but the strikers.
If we’d converted the chances earlier on, perhaps Dycheball wouldn’t have been a thing?
o_O

Sidibe, Martinez, Patterson, Holgate, Young, Garner, Godfrey have all tried yet Coleman is still here pretty much guaranteed game time at right back. Left backs are even harder to find.
Not in the stands at Anfield. I would think a sizeable number were left back in school at one time or another.

Dyche is the reason we play Dycheball, and Dom suits it
Dycheball is effective, I'm not knocking it. Give me 5 1-nils in a row at home anytime

Dom holds it up, and defends from the front. None of Dyche's strikers have ever scored a lot

Have you ever considered that Dom's bad misses seem a lot worse to you than other strikers' misses? That's not saying he had a good season or anything but I'm pretty sure he'll improve on last year now he's back to full fitness

Is correct

Maybe we a few pacy wingers inbound and Ndiaye at ten we could play a different style of football in which case DOm could also be suited (see his period under carlo).

Dycheball is effective, I'm not knocking it. Give me 5 1-nils in a row at home anytime

Dom holds it up, and defends from the front. None of Dyche's strikers have ever scored a lot

Have you ever considered that Dom's bad misses seem a lot worse to you than other strikers' misses? That's not saying he had a good season or anything but I'm pretty sure he'll improve on last year now he's back to full fitness
Think any of the strikers here will benfit ndiaye hopefully passing the ball to the striker and actually giving them support. Same with out wide just far to slow for the counter attack hopefully two new wingers will belp this. If dcl did change his mind i am sure would be alot more support this season.

Err no, not really. His desire to score and 1v1 performance is really poor. I guess the only worse striker I can think of is Maupay!😆 Anyways, seems we need to agree to disagree, no point using the thread for this… and yeah if he does hang around I hope he does get amongst the goals a lot more 👍

Think any of the strikers here will benfit ndiaye hopefully passing the ball to the striker and actually giving them support. Same with out wide just far to slow for the counter attack hopefully two new wingers will belp this. If dcl did change his mind i am sure would be alot more support this season.
Absolutely. Also think that little bit of extra pace on the wings would help highlight Dom's hold up play. Our wingers are asked to do a lot defensively too though so its finding that balance is the tough part. I enjoyed our defensive fortitude toward the end of the season, but there is a price to pay for it when not a dominant side

Err no, not really. His desire to score and 1v1 performance is really poor. I guess the only worse striker I can think of is Maupay!😆 Anyways, seems we need to agree to disagree, no point using the thread for this… and yeah if he does hang around I hope he does get amongst the goals a lot more 👍
He was bad last season for chances fluffed, granted, but believe me a lot of strikers miss a lot of chances 1v1.
Out of interest and in keeping with what this thread is for as you reminded me, can you think of a realistic replacement other than Broja?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back