Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

This genuinely is crap
Again, I’d politely like to agree to disagree. Dom scored an absolute belter of a header against spurs away a few years back and I thought we’d got ourselves a genuine superstar in the making. Was a great header, power, desire, conviction - perfect. Since then things have been few and far between. His shooting is usually ‘safe’ (side foot, not in the corners) and his heading is similar too. It’s frustrating because he has all the attributes - but for me his desire, killer instinct, conviction (call it what you want) just ain’t there.. you think differently and that’s fair enough👍

Again, I’d politely like to agree to disagree. Dom scored an absolute belter of a header against spurs away a few years back and I thought we’d got ourselves a genuine superstar in the making. Was a great header, power, desire, conviction - perfect. Since then things have been few and far between. His shooting is usually ‘safe’ (side foot, not in the corners) and his heading is similar too. It’s frustrating because he has all the attributes - but for me his desire, killer instinct, conviction (call it what you want) just ain’t there.. you think differently and that’s fair enough👍
Palace winner since then
Confidence

He was bad last season for chances fluffed, granted, but believe me a lot of strikers miss a lot of chances 1v1.
Out of interest and in keeping with what this thread is for as you reminded me, can you think of a realistic replacement other than Broja?
Good question, and no doubt whomever I choose will either be unrealistic, or 💩. Beto scores more goals with similar minutes but his hold up play is worse.. personally I’d sacrifice that because goals win games and when we do hold the ball up we don’t have the lockpickers to do anything meaningful!
Gyokeres was the type and profile I’d have liked (that ship now sailed) but the guy was desperate for goals, relished facing a defender up and getting his shot away etc

Good question, and no doubt whomever I choose will either be unrealistic, or 💩. Beto scores more goals with similar minutes but his hold up play is worse.. personally I’d sacrifice that because goals win games and when we do hold the ball up we don’t have the lockpickers to do anything meaningful!
Gyokeres was the type and profile I’d have liked (that ship now sailed) but the guy was desperate for goals, relished facing a defender up and getting his shot away etc
Beto scored 3 from an expected 6.5 and usually played fresh against a tired defence.
I hope he comes good but I really don't think he's the answer.
Yea Gyokeres looked decent alright

The few cameos I saw of Duran, back up at Villa he looks a v good fit but they want 35mil and that's probably out of our range

OK you really don't understand basic maths right? We bought him for 33mill 2 years ago. Forgot book value at 50 mill that's 17 mull profit. 5 mill addons make it possibly 22mill profit. Plus anything from a sell on fee.

So even basic maths you are wrong.

WRONG!!!!

You may have a gggggrrraasp on basic math but your prowess of deduction leave alot to be desired my boy.

Firstly we cant included add ons as for all we know they could be only activated if hes the first footballer on the moon... Which i doubt very much he ever will.

Secondly you have failed to included the fact that lillie have a 20% sell on fee that could range anywhere from £4m to £10m. That is if the £50m we are presuming is actually the fee.

That would mean our profit is actually £7m to £13m which is less then the £22m you arbitrarily decided on!

Now bask in the deductive genius of Bluewolf!

Absolutely! The point I question is his desire- he always put a shift in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back