Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

De ligt on his way there too? Surely 2 defenders for the best part of £90m will be enough
I think the French lad is holding out for Real. I guess United can offer him mad wages to make up for the difference in fee vs Branthwaite but that’ll make it murder to move him on if he flops.

I reckon they’ll make another bid, but I think we’ll stand firm. They’ll probably end up with Fofana on loan now he hates Enzo Fernandez.

deductive genius 😂

ok lets try again:

taking into account the sell on clause, which as you say is 20% of anything over and above the original fee (thats how they usally work)
so 50mill - 33mill paid = 17 profit, less 20% or 3.4mill leaves 13.6mill profit.
now, if you add in the potenial add ons, thats 5mill, 20% of that is 1mill, so an extra 4mill of profit.

so in total its either 13.6mill profit or 17.6mill profit...

now if they do it on book value, wich i doubt they would, it would mean 33mill divided by the length of contract, i will assume 5 years, which works out to 6.6mill per year amorilisation. We have had him 2 years now, so thats 13.2mill amortilsation. so 33mill original fee, take off amortilisation, leaves 19.8mill.

So if we take that 50mill is the fee, minus "books value" of 19.8, leaves a profit of 30.2mill. less 20% sell on fee of circa 6mill, leaves 24mill profit... and thats before the sell on fee...

shall i go on?

You keep on going on about book value which isnt profit is it?

You also keep talking about sell ons which we have no way of knowing how their triggered. He could have to do the treble every season and win the balon dor for all we know.

So you can go through all of the mathematical gymnastics you want but for profit on the player actually profit, and ill say that again PROFIT!!!!

We'll make between £7m - £13m.

So please dont go on, you dont read other peoples posts properly, respond in a rude manner to what you think they've posted instead of what they've actually posted and tbh you're boring AF

You keep on going on about book value which isnt profit is it?

You also keep talking about sell ons which we have no way of knowing how their triggered. He could have to do the treble every season and win the balon dor for all we know.

So you can go through all of the mathematical gymnastics you want but for profit on the player actually profit, and ill say that again PROFIT!!!!

We'll make between £7m - £13m.

So please dont go on, you dont read other peoples posts properly, respond in a rude manner to what you think they've posted instead of what they've actually posted and tbh you're boring AF
OK genius whatever 😂😂😂

Been out the loop the last week or so. Is the general consensus (apart from it being the end of the world etc etc) that we're waiting to finalise the Onana sale to see what money (...if any) we have to reinvest? And/or waiting to see more details of the takeover?

Lindstrom ahead of Harrison, Gnonto behind McNeil, finally with depth and variety on the wings? The gaping need if they bring them in will be the back line. Myko is injured and Branthwaite and Tarkowski are lonely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back