Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Why do we keep getting linked with Arthur Melo. Such a non Dyche type player and will command huge wages. Seems very much in the same mould as Andre Gomes too so might as well have kept him if it is the case but I doubt there's any truth in it

Why do we keep getting linked with Arthur Melo. Such a non Dyche type player and will command huge wages. Seems very much in the same mould as Andre Gomes too so might as well have kept him if it is the case but I doubt there's any truth in it
It's because he is available.

Watched a few clips of him and although a battler, could be too slow for PL. As you say, a bit Andre Gomes.

Ok. đź‘Ť

Everyone! Don't mention transfers until one is confirmed. Ok?

Everyone get that?
I think you're misconstruing my point , there were posters who were freaking out about certain rumors as if they actually occurred, nothing wrong with discussing rumors and stories as they emerge obviously I was just saying its not beneficial to treat them as gospel until they are actually confirmed

If you are willing to pay 50m plus for a defender, why would you not just pay the extra 10 or 15m for Branthwaite

It looks like more questionable recruitment decisions by United.
Yoro looks exceptional to be fair obviously you don't know how he'll progress because he's very young but he's a lot better than Branthwaite was at 18 put it that way.

If you are willing to pay 50m plus for a defender, why would you not just pay the extra 10 or 15m for Branthwaite

It looks like more questionable recruitment decisions by United.

I think they probably have a budget for two CBs and they're trying not to break it. Hence they go for one of Yoro or Branthwaite and one of De Ligt / Another.

Ok. đź‘Ť

Everyone! Don't mention transfers until one is confirmed. Ok?

Everyone get that?
Discussing rumours is interesting, panicking over them is another thing altogether.

Regarding Mykolenko, there has been one rumour suggesting that a club may be interested in signing him.

This causes immediate meltdown because for some reason people think that if he were to be sold that he wouldn't be replaced.

Almost as if Sean Dyche will find out on the first Saturday of the Premiership starting that he has left and he only has Ashley young to play at left back.
Bed sheet wetters brought to a completely new level.

Branthy will stay for another year, not concerned at all about him going this summer.

Sold enough now to settle the FFP issues this summer and Man. United aren't going to pay the fee so he'll be here on September 1st.

It's the best decision for his career aswell. Then he breaks into the England team and can demand more next summer.
Suspect if he has another season like last one then better teams that Utd will be after him.

Yoro looks exceptional to be fair obviously you don't know how he'll progress because he's very young but he's a lot better than Branthwaite was at 18 put it that way.
Yeah presumably an even bigger potential upside but a big gamble for an 18 year old as opposed to a player in Branthwaite who was consistently excellent in the PL last year.

But happy days if it means they have moved on and JB will be with us this season!

Discussing rumours is interesting, panicking over them is another thing altogether.

Regarding Mykolenko, there has been one rumour suggesting that a club may be interested in signing him.

This causes immediate meltdown because for some reason people think that if he were to be sold that he wouldn't be replaced.

Almost as if Sean Dyche will find out on the first Saturday of the Premiership starting that he has left and he only has Ashley young to play at left back.
Bed sheet wetters brought to a completely new level.
In fairness, its 4 weeks yesterday till the first game of the season and we still have much work to be done and we seem to only ever be able to conduct one transfer at a time and take at least a week to conclude it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back