Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

£50mill for a lad with 12months left on his contract.

£40mill offer for Branthwaite with 3 years left on his...

It was pure media speculation that we’d be forced into accepting a lowball fee for Branthwaite. I hope someone at Everton just laughed the 40 mill bid off. If he has another good season again then it wouldn’t surprise me if a top CL team came in for him at the benchmark of Maguire Fofana Van Dijk prices.

Yeah presumably an even bigger potential upside but a big gamble for an 18 year old as opposed to a player in Branthwaite who was consistently excellent in the PL last year.

But happy days if it means they have moved on and JB will be with us this season!
It is great news for us I was 100% convinced Branthwaite would be going so if he stays its a huge bonus. It just makes me laugh that people have whinged about United trying to buy him all summer and are now whinging that they haven't!

I think they probably have a budget for two CBs and they're trying not to break it. Hence they go for one of Yoro or Branthwaite and one of De Ligt / Another.
Isn’t Yoro the RCB though? I’d seen some stuff that he was in preference to De Ligt on the right? That would mean they still may need a LCB?

I doubt Utd will make a third bid, if it is rejected again it makes them look small time......which they now are.

The sale of Onana and the probable sales of DCL and Maupay should remove any need to sell any player we would like to keep unless huge money is offered.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back