Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Always liked Kalvin Phillips as a player, know he's lost his way, but have thought for a while we aren't that attractive for players in the market and will have to have a few "fixer uppers" and be taking on measure of risk with players.

My only hesitation with him bar being bang out of rhythm of first team football, was his injuries and how he plays the game (When fit).

Would stay well clear from him.

He had the chance at West ham to prove himself a but, get himself back on track and play for a move, but he was genuinely terrible

Would stay well clear from him.

He had the chance at West ham to prove himself a but, get himself back on track and play for a move, but he was genuinely terrible

All fair mate, i just feel this is our market, established players are going to be fixer upers or lads who have lost their way - see Nidaye, Dele, Lindstrom and maybe Phillips. Then young players with potential, looking to make a step up, see Tim, Philomenge, Mintah and Gnonto.

This is our market in my opinion and have thought that for a while - so for me with every transfer we make in that market we are taking on a measure of risk. Personally i got my head around that and accepted it a while ago in terms of expectation.

I dont think we are that attractive to players at tiers beyond the above, a difficult truth to swallow but a truth none the less in my opinion.

All fair mate, i just feel this is our market, established players are going to be fixer upers or lads who have lost their way - see Nidaye, Dele, Lindstrom and maybe Phillips. Then young players with potential, looking to make a step up, see Tim, Philomenge, Mintah and Gnonto.

This is our market in my opinion and have thought that for a while - so with every transfer we make in that market we are taking on a measure of risk. Personally i got my head around that and accepted it a while ago in terms of expectation.

I dont think we are that attractive to players at tiers beyond the above, a difficult truth to swallow but a truth none the less in my opinion.
So apart from the 'elite footballer' that's every other footballer in the world

So apart from the 'elite footballer' that's every other footballer in the world

Not really, i dont see us going to other clubs in the PL or ones in European football at a certain quality level and extracting established players from their starting 11's on profile or finance - but apart from that we can go for the best player in Kazakhstan - sure, but as i say we will be managing a risk profile.

That would be my take, i dont think we are particularly attractive to players unless they have lost their way or young players trying to make a step up.

So in my opinion our signings will be lads who have lost their way at established clubs or Championship players like we have already been linked with and even at that we are finding it competitive.

I'd be really surprised if we signed Phillips unless it's an incredibly low fee involved. We seem to be moving away from signing old players unless it's on a freebie or loan with the funds used to buy younger players with potential.
Same or was a loan at the end of the window because they want him out. Just think wages is just to much of a problem here

Fanbase wise it's always been down to getting him cheap over little Everton. Nothing to do with the players quality.

You had that biff Goldberg (I'm not calling him by his name cos it's not real) saying if Branthwaite was foreign he'd be £40mill...

This completely bombs that out.
Have a look at their forum and it becomes clear that any English prospect just isn’t exciting enough for their legions of plastics

Always liked Kalvin Phillips as a player, know he's lost his way, but have thought for a while we aren't that attractive for players in the market and will have to have a few "fixer uppers" and be taking on measure of risk with players.

My only hesitation with him bar being bang out of rhythm of first team football, was his injuries and how he plays the game (When fit).
he worked well in the chaos of a Bielsa team. Made him look like the controlled one.
Looked chaotic for England and City

Not really, i dont see us going to other clubs in the PL or ones in European football at a certain quality level and extracting established players from their starting 11's on profile or finance - but apart from that we can go for the best player in Kazakhstan - sure, but as i say we will be managing a risk profile.

That would be my take, i dont think we are particularly attractive to players unless they have lost their way or young players trying to make a step up.

So in my opinion our signings will be lads who have lost their way at established clubs or Championship players like we have already been linked with and even at that we are finding it competitive.
Why do you have to put them in a box?
Shouldn't each individual be based on what they are? Individuals?

What was Beto then?

United are mad.
It’s a weird transfer from both perspectives. It sounds like the kid head his heart set on Madrid but they quite reasonably wouldn’t pay big when he can walk for nothing next summer.

So now United are massively overpaying for a kid who doesn’t really want to be there, and the kid is jumping into the career black hole that is Man United when presumably Madrid were telling him just to be patient.

This is our market in my opinion and have thought that for a while - so for me with every transfer we make in that market we are taking on a measure of risk. Personally i got my head around that and accepted it a while ago in terms of expectation.

True. Gutting, but true.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back