Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Boring this now.

Well hopefully it is their final offer and that can be an end of it. The standard’s been set- the asking price for Onana was 50+, Villa paid the price, they look like getting the player.

70m for JB is probably already too low an asking price if that is the number we want but United must know that if they want the player it’s pay that or walk away.

WRONG!!!!

You may have a gggggrrraasp on basic math but your prowess of deduction leave alot to be desired my boy.

Firstly we cant included add ons as for all we know they could be only activated if hes the first footballer on the moon... Which i doubt very much he ever will.

Secondly you have failed to included the fact that lillie have a 20% sell on fee that could range anywhere from £4m to £10m. That is if the £50m we are presuming is actually the fee.

That would mean our profit is actually £7m to £13m which is less then the £22m you arbitrarily decided on!

Now bask in the deductive genius of Bluewolf!
deductive genius 😂

ok lets try again:

taking into account the sell on clause, which as you say is 20% of anything over and above the original fee (thats how they usally work)
so 50mill - 33mill paid = 17 profit, less 20% or 3.4mill leaves 13.6mill profit.
now, if you add in the potenial add ons, thats 5mill, 20% of that is 1mill, so an extra 4mill of profit.

so in total its either 13.6mill profit or 17.6mill profit...

now if they do it on book value, wich i doubt they would, it would mean 33mill divided by the length of contract, i will assume 5 years, which works out to 6.6mill per year amorilisation. We have had him 2 years now, so thats 13.2mill amortilsation. so 33mill original fee, take off amortilisation, leaves 19.8mill.

So if we take that 50mill is the fee, minus "books value" of 19.8, leaves a profit of 30.2mill. less 20% sell on fee of circa 6mill, leaves 24mill profit... and thats before the sell on fee...

happy to be corrected on sell how sell on clauses work, i aint an expert, but if its 20% of the actual fee rather than profit then its a 10mill fee without add ons, so profit to us as a straight profit of 7mill, now if its a psr profit..... 😂 😂 😂 😂 so you are close to being right if thats how they work..

shall i go on?

Last edited:
Club needs to come out and tell Utd to do one but we will never do that in a million years.

Nah, nothing to be gained by that mate, wel have a number, hopefully they don’t get to it.

This is an opportunity for us to show the world we have mettle and don’t need to sell if we don’t want to and if we do it will be on our terms. let’s go toe to toe.

I’d also have a deadline, sometime the start of Aug, be communicating that to Utd behind the scenes.

How they are playing this is massively snidey and unprofessional.

Last edited:
£50m for an 18year old (relatively untested/inexperienced) defender! That’s some punt. Should strengthen our resolve to hold out for proper money though
Had 30 starts this season in the league, Id suggest watching him if you haven't seen him he is quite a prospect, Branthwaite isn't any better than him, Id say they were fairly equal tbh. I think people are getting a little carried away with the Branthwaite valuations imo.

Nah, nothing to be gained by that mate, wel have a number, hopefully they don’t get to it. This is an opportunity for us to show the world we have mettle and don’t need to sell if we don’t want to, let’s go toe to toe.

I’d also have a deadline, sometime the start of Aug, be communicating that to Utd behind the scenes.
Not for me, I don't want us doing any business with them tbh.

Not for me, I don't want us doing any business with them tbh.

Nothing to be gained by that mate, in business never make emotional decisions.

Listen to them, we’re in a position we don’t have to do anything if we don’t want to.

We’ve all the leverage at the moment, makes no sense to burn your bridges.

Not saying sell him by any means, I think we should defo keep them.

Just annoy them by knocking back their ridiculous bids and raise the tension, all the while we and the lads profile is in the media and a sense of demand in created, which is good for us!

Then take the opportunity to show the world we won’t be pushed around in deals.

Dyche is the reason we play Dycheball, and Dom suits it
Dycheball is effective, I'm not knocking it. Give me 5 1-nils in a row at home anytime

Dom holds it up, and defends from the front. None of Dyche's strikers have ever scored a lot

Have you ever considered that Dom's bad misses seem a lot worse to you than other strikers' misses? That's not saying he had a good season or anything but I'm pretty sure he'll improve on last year now he's back to full fitness
The only thing that frustrates me with DCL's misses is his absolute inability to score one on one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back