Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I’ll be honest I got myself a little bit confused with how many and from who you can loan from, this was super helpful thank you
ITs not really clear anywhere, I cant find a proper answer.

I copied that from the PL website.

ITs not really clear anywhere, I cant find a proper answer.

I copied that from the PL website.

No mate. The key bit is here:

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

This means that loans involving foreign clubs do not count towards limits. There was talk about them bringing in a clear limit for foreign loans too but, as far as I'm aware, this hasn't been settled on yet.

That being said, there must be some kind of unofficial limit, or you could just field an entire team of loanees.

No mate. The key bit is here:

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

This means that loans involving foreign clubs do not count towards limits. There was talk about them bringing in a clear limit for foreign loans too but, as far as I'm aware, this hasn't been settled on yet.

That being said, there must be some kind of unofficial limit, or you could just field an entire team of loanees.

- From 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023, a club may have a maximum of eight professionals loaned out and eight loaned in at any given time during a season. -

From 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024, the same configuration applies but with a maximum of seven professionals. -

Finally, from 1 July 2024, the same configuration will apply but limited to a maximum of six professionals.*

Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players will be exempt from these limitations.

Not sure if those rules ever got passed.

- From 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023, a club may have a maximum of eight professionals loaned out and eight loaned in at any given time during a season. -

From 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024, the same configuration applies but with a maximum of seven professionals. -

Finally, from 1 July 2024, the same configuration will apply but limited to a maximum of six professionals.*

Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players will be exempt from these limitations.

Not sure if those rules ever got passed.
Yeah, they were the rules I was talking about! As far as I'm aware, they haven’t been passed. But it would also take some doing to achieve exceeding the allowance seeing as U21 players don't count towards the quotas.

A bit ridiculous that it is all so unclear really, seeing as it is an absolutely essential part of football.

Maybe dont really get it for a short term signing on loan tbh, could be good but just dont get for the short term. Could have gana and doucore leave next summer then would need atleast 2/3 coming in.

If we got Kalvin Philips on a one year loan then at the end of the season (as you say), Gana & Doucoure move on so we would have Garner & Iroegnunam as CMs.

Thats a good place to be in if we're rebuilding the squad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.