Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I understand that this potential signing may not be universally popular, but I am confident he will do well for us. This situation reminds me of a signing David Moyes would have made during his tenure at Everton, although I acknowledge the irony given his recent struggles at West Ham.

Having watched a considerable amount of Leeds matches, I really rated him as a player and Manchester City also recognised his potential, and I believe he is worth the risk. He is still young and has delivered strong performances for England whenever he has played.

Also have a mutual friend and he can't speak any more highly of the bloke.

I understand that this potential signing may not be universally popular, but I am confident he will do well for us. This situation reminds me of a signing David Moyes would have made during his tenure at Everton, although I acknowledge the irony given his recent struggles at West Ham.

Having watched a considerable amount of Leeds matches, I really rated him as a player and Manchester City also recognised his potential, and I believe he is worth the risk. He is still young and has delivered strong performances for England whenever he has played.

Maybe dont really get it for a short term signing on loan tbh, could be good but just dont get for the short term. Could have gana and doucore leave next summer then would need atleast 2/3 coming in.

When I think about anytime I’ve watched him I’ve liked - admittedly that for Leeds…but City paid 45mill for him, Moyes knows a player….part of a team that got to Euro final…surely getting him in, getting a good preason into him, getting him match fit we can coax the olayer out of him.

Think Dyche is going to replace Onana with someone who can press more IMO, that’s Phillips.

Tbh i like phillips and think hes a good player but what use is he going to be in a dyche side where the midfield do nothing but watch the ball go over their heads. Or run round trying to win the ball back or blocking runs. Neither of them are his strengths.

Tbh i like phillips and think hes a good player but what use is he going to be in a dyche side where the midfield do nothing but watch the ball go over their heads. Or run round trying to win the ball back or blocking runs. Neither of them are his strengths.

While I wouldn’t agree with you on our style of play mate.

I’d very much say Phillips biggest strength is pressing.

What happened to him at West Ham, seemed very underwhelming

Depends how much City want as a loan fee and what proportion of Phillips' wage we'd have to pay, I suppose. A one year punt could cost us £10m+.

Yeah fair point, at quick glance it looks like West Ham potentially paid £3m, but there's also mention City wanted £6m and a hefty chunk of his wages paid. I'd look elsewhere if we're paying £6m and a massive wage but still think a fully fit Phillips would do well in this league still.

That's hefty...thats a player from a League in Europe.
True, although we'd still have to pay them a wage. Still, £8m signing fee plus annual wage of £1.5m for a prospect from the French league (for example) versus a £5m loan fee and a £5m per annum contribution to Phillips' massive wage might be the calculus. At the end of scenario 1 we have a saleable asset, at the end of scenario 2 we have nothing to show for our £10m.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back