Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I hold a massive grudge against him for near single handedly relegating us with shambolic performances,own goals, penalties,hand balls, getting caught in possession on half way line constantly,letting Jamie Vardy bully him,not moving on because he's picking up 100 bags a week.

It’s weird the hate some players get but others never run out of second chances. Davies and Keane could put in 37 games of singlehandedly trying to relegate us and they’d still have parts of the fanbase requesting we give them more chances. Holgate meanwhile is generally disliked despite arguably making far less errors than Keane, and loads have given up on Patterson and Beto as examples despite them having nowhere near the opportunities Keane and Davies had.

How has he fallen down the pecking order? We've sold Godfrey & have Holgate back. So he's in exactly the same place in the pecking order 😂
Maybe he's fallen behind Reece Welch and the young lad that was converted from the midfield to CB. Seriously though the minor injury to Tark should be a warning sign that we need to bring in a real CB by the close of the window, we are only one injury away from seeing much more of Keane or Holgate. Obviously would love to move both, but finding a buyer is the issue.

Maybe he's fallen behind Reece Welch and the young lad that was converted from the midfield to CB. Seriously though the minor injury to Tark should be a warning sign that we need to bring in a real CB by the close of the window, we are only one injury away from seeing much more of Keane or Holgate. Obviously would love to move both, but finding a buyer is the issue.
We do ideally someone who can also cover at full back too

I think Michael Keane may well leave.
I hope we bring in Jake O Brien as the replacement.

The situation with DCL is interesting, it seems three of the clubs mentioned that might have an interest in signing him are no longer involved, Utd, Newcastle and West Ham. It appears his wage demands are excessive.
Missing nearly two seasons through injury would certainly make clubs think twice.

I am surprised there has been so little talk about adebayo with us or anyone else. He had a good season , is at a good age and should be at an affordable price.

I think a lot of deals may happen late in the window as clubs scramble to fill their squads

See Tavernier is the midst of being bided for by Trabzonspor wonder would Rangers look to bring Patterson back and wonder what the clubs position on it be.......
Would have been better if we'd bought him 2.5 years ago instead of the dud he kept out that rangers team with ease.

Way too old now. We already have two veterans.

Another young player at RB.

How did Dixon do at RB yesterday, btw?

Would have been better if we'd bought him 2.5 years ago instead of the dud he kept out that rangers team with ease.

Way too old now. We already have two veterans.

Another young player at RB.

How did Dixon do at RB yesterday, btw?

Dont know mate, he was midleling down here when he played before. Done all right for himself in Glasgow. Frimpong was the one, he went to Germany for the same fee we spent on Nathan, almost certain i shouted for him at the time and so its proved.

In fact: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ead-summer-2020.109494/page-2806#post-8136826

Didn't see yesterday mate, was out and about so not sure.............

Dont know mate, he was midleling down here when he played before. Done all right for himself in Glasgow. Frimpong was the one, almost certain i shouted for him at the time and so its proved. https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ead-summer-2020.109494/page-2806#post-8136826

Didn't see yesterday mate, was out and about so not sure.............
Nice one. Yeah, Frimpong was a very decent shout.

Hopefully Dixon had a good game and pushes into the frame. Nice to see youngsters coming through.

You would think so...but we know the love for players with Premier league experience our dof has...they will go for someone like kalvin phillips on a season loan costing us probably the same that getting this young cm from venezia.
I don’t think its our DoF, given the links we have seen recently and where as a club we have seemingly preferred PL experience this has cut across multiple DoFs. I wonder who the common denominators were during those years? I do t understand why people constantly think it is the DoF position when it has been repeatedly reported that BK and FM has their own targets and the power of veto.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back