Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Some very unexpected signings so far this summer in Ndiaya, Lindstrom and Iroegbunam.

Need at least another 4 though, a CB, right back if Patterson is in the bin, a replacement for Onana and obviously another striker, especially if one of DCL or Beto are moving on.

Can easily see Holgate, Keane and Maupay going before the end if the window.

Some very unexpected signings so far this summer in Ndiaya, Lindstrom and Iroegbunam.

Need at least another 4 though, a CB, right back if Patterson is in the bin, a replacement for Onana and obviously another striker, especially if one of DCL or Beto are moving on.

Can easily see Holgate, Keane and Maupay going before the end if the window.

7 signings? not a chance in hell mate

i agree we desperately need a CM
and a striker i think he will see us as covered at RB

and “easily shifting those is anything but!

other teams have to want our TAT

mate

Who do you think we’d be able to loan who is available, might want to come to Everton, is guaranteed to be better than ‘he’s decent’, and is in form without any injury problems?

We are not shopping in even a mid tier supermarket here. We’re looking for stuff in the reduced section, lo and behold some of it is not going to be in the best shape.
Even a loan would cost about 3-4mil i guess, its also highly possible he might not start 10-15 games for us.

There is a big world out there we can explore who we could buy for 5-10mil at an age with potential.

On his day in form he would be a good addition, but them days are long gone, better he goes and proves himself again somewhere else.

Too much risk in this for me.

You started talking about risk.

If we sign Phillips and he stinks, we dont have a reliable midfielder we can use.

That is a major loss to this football club.

Where did I say he was zero risk? I’ve just said every signing is a risk.

I’m not too bothered either way if we get him or not but I don’t know why some people are acting like it’s a tragedy for the club.

Us paying over 100 mill on midfielders who deliver nothing is a major loss to this club. Paying Michael Keane and allowing him on the football pitch is a major loss to this club. Everton loaning Kalvin Phillips who MAY turn out to not be very good is not a major loss, unless our understanding of what the word major means is different. We’ve just had Gomes and Dele both sat on our treatment table earning god knows what per week and it didn’t affect whether we stayed up or not last season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back