Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Players like Phillips with his injury record and big wages is the type of player weve been trying to get rid of for the past 5 years.

If we signed him and things didnt work out, for sure he would sit and ride his contract out just like Gomes did because he knows he wont be getting that money anywhere else again.

Have any lessons been leant by this club, a massive swerve for me.

I think the chances of him recovering both mentally and physically from 18 months without any football and then being able to find form, all within the period of 26 Jan to 19 May were pretty much zero.

Clearly he didn't help himself getting sent off.

To me, Kalvin Phillips is a top player (relative to where we are) and one that just 18 months ago would have been seen as a massive coup by many.

I fully endorse the view that he needs to be here pronto, so he can have a full preseason with us.

Hope we get the deal done asap. We've plenty more business to do.
I caught a bit of talkSh*t in the office and they had that Rat Nolan talking about his loan at West Ham, and he said he's a top pro, a good lad and that lack of game time really hit him last season. He blamed the coaching team too because they threw him straight into games without giving him a chance to build up to it.
He also said he found the move down south hard. His wife had just had a kid.

Players like Phillips with his injury record and big wages is the type of player weve been trying to get rid of for the past 5 years.

If we signed him and things didnt work out, for sure he would sit and ride his contract out just like Gomes did because he knows he wont be getting that money anywhere else again.

Have any lessons been leant by this club, a massive swerve for me.
Would a loan with an option not show maybe we have learned lessons ? A few years ago we’d have been bidding £40m and offering to double his wages

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back