Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Honestly without being rude I think this is nonsense.

Holgate will stay and run his contract down as nobody wants him and I doubt anyone will even take him on loan.

Maupay, see above.

Keane, could do a job for someone but we will only let him go if another centre back arrives, I.e, O’Brian.

Doucoure, no chance he leaves. Dyche loves him and we owe him a bit more respect than what we give him.

Beto, only if someone bids silly money, which they won’t, he’s already said himself he is focused on Everton.

Both Holgate and Maupay went on loan last season - Holgate twice, so not sure why its nonsense to think they would do so again. Holgate is in his last year, if he wants to try get the best move he can next season he has to go out and play to try to rebuild his reputation, Maupay I'm not sure why you think he'd be willing to sit in the reserves for three more years when soon as he was told he was t in the plans he went on loan last season.

Keane we actually agree on.

No disrespect to Doucoure at all, but we've just brought in two players who play in his starting position for us, he's the club's top earner and if Thelwell says he moves on if the Saudis come back then he will move on.

Beto is still highly rated back in Italy by clubs and a lot of fans, linked with Bologna who have just sold Zirkee to united and a few other players and have a CL campaign. Very good chance he goes there (and there fans actually want him weirdly enough)

Nobody is saying he's the worst striker in Europe, just that his ability is massively overstated based on a pretty small run of decent form, and that he wouldn't improve us.

A very similar opinion to that which I and many others held about Ruben Loftus-Cheek, for example, who coincidentally ended up at AC Milan.

AC Milan are renowned for bringing in some flops.

Think doucoure stays because manager will still see him as a key player in the squad. Be shocked if both keane and holgate go just cant see us bringing in two cb. Can see keane being moved on next season and holgate will be in same position as maupay think dyche will have said they can go . Mapuay i still think could go brentford late in window, holgate unfortunately will take a loss even on loan can see us paying a high % of his wage

I can see us moving Doucs on if we do get Lindstrom.

I really really hope so, his are one of the few wages now which stick out and scream the pre thelwell era. Holgate and Keane's both do also.

If we could get a decent bid from Saudi for Doucoure that would be amazing. Has tried his best for the club no doubt and is great off the ball but just struggles with technique and will only decline from here.

Doucoure will only leave if there's renewed Saudi interest I think, nobody else is paying 130k PW for him on top of paying a few

Think doucoure stays because manager will still see him as a key player in the squad. Be shocked if both keane and holgate go just cant see us bringing in two cb. Can see keane being moved on next season and holgate will be in same position as maupay think dyche will have said they can go . Mapuay i still think could go brentford late in window, holgate unfortunately will take a loss even on loan can see us paying a high % of his wage

As we're still after Gnonto (per Bobble etc) then we'll have; Gnonto, McNeil, Ndiaye & Lindstrom who can all play Doucoure's role so far under Dyche.

The only other position where he's been effective is in the deeper DM position Ancelotti used him in covering across the right hand side.

We already have Garner to play that right sided central midfield position and I suspect he'd be as good as Doucoure was under Ancelotti as he has experience at right midfield and right back.

So, the question for me would be why would we pay Doucoure his large salary if he isnt a certain starter?

If we can bring in Lindstrom (which seems certain) and also Gnonto then I think Doucoure (with 1 year left) should be sold.

Gana, Garner, Iroegbunam and a new central midfielder sounds much better than using Doucoure for a season then him leaving on a free.

£10mil+ from Saudi and I'd hope we'd move him on.

Keane and Holgate out of contract next summer aren’t they?

Keane and Holgate out of contract next summer aren’t they?
ddd.webp

Honestly without being rude I think this is nonsense.

Holgate will stay and run his contract down as nobody wants him and I doubt anyone will even take him on loan.

Maupay, see above.

Keane, could do a job for someone but we will only let him go if another centre back arrives, I.e, O’Brian.

Doucoure, no chance he leaves. Dyche loves him and we owe him a bit more respect than what we give him.

Beto, only if someone bids silly money, which they won’t, he’s already said himself he is focused on Everton.
I think that what @bluestevon posted is actually very close to the clubs attitude to these players.

Almost a Summer to have a wank over that isn't it.

If we manage to bring in the players we need this season (at least the majority), then next season can't see much bloat left in the squad at all actually.

Yes positions we can certainly upgrade, but nobody left hanging around on wages doing nothing.

If we manage to bring in the players we need this season (at least the majority), then next season can't see much bloat left in the squad at all actually.

Yes positions we can certainly upgrade, but nobody left hanging around on wages doing nothing.

The squad will be desperately thin next Summer once all those leave depending on what we do this year.

We could be left with 1 senior centre half if Branthwaite also goes.

We'd have 2 senior CM's in Garner and Tim.

We'd have 1 RB and 1 LB in the whole squad.

As much as I hate the duff in our squad we need replacements big time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back