Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The squad will be desperately thin next Summer once all those leave depending on what we do this year.

We could be left with 1 senior centre half if Branthwaite also goes.

We'd have 2 senior CM's in Garner and Tim.

We'd have 1 RB and 1 LB in the whole squad.

As much as I hate the duff in our squad we need replacements big time.
Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
James Garner
Tim Iroegbunam
Iliman Ndiaye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil

Strikers
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Thats currently what the squad is on course to look like next July.

The squad will be desperately thin next Summer once all those leave depending on what we do this year.

We could be left with 1 senior centre half if Branthwaite also goes.

We'd have 2 senior CM's in Garner and Tim.

We'd have 1 RB and 1 LB in the whole squad.

As much as I hate the duff in our squad we need replacements big time.

Completely agree, it's why I do feel we will be adding 4-5 more after Lindstrom.

And similarly you do have to feel that Braithwaithe will be sold next summer in order to fund trying to fill the remaining weaknesses.

Even looking at the academy, do t really see that there's anything coming through we can expect to back fill any of the weak areas either - besides the very young keeper ofc that city were after poaching.

Completely agree, it's why I do feel we will be adding 4-5 more after Lindstrom.

And similarly you do have to feel that Braithwaithe will be sold next summer in order to fund trying to fill the remaining weaknesses.

Even looking at the academy, do t really see that there's anything coming through we can expect to back fill any of the weak areas either - besides the very young keeper ofc that city were after poaching.

Nah not for me. That's next Summer's job.

Well think we will definitely add another CB, CM and winger then I guess it depends who else leaves.

Hopefully use both remaining loan spots also, no trying to save them for January which hasn't worked for us as a strategy for donkeys years
Yeah makes sense now to give them time to be in the squad as will need more in the same positions next season.

I think he’s done well. We have all complained about deadwood. He’s managed to shift most of it. I think it is worth noting that you still need squad players. Likes of Keane, Young etc. you can’t just get rid of everyone at once but on the whole he has done well.

I think he's doing a good job. Baby steps with better overall decision making.

The loan to buy option for Lindstrom is exceptional business
Yeah honestly the overall job by Thelwell has been one I’m happy with. It’s gradual and methodical, but at least you can see consistent profiles being targeted. It gives the semblance of a plan. The bar is so low though literally anything can be better than the Walshy scattergun approach

Still concerned we are only a few injuries away from this as a starting XI

Virginia
Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Dixon
Young - Doucoure - Gana - Harrison
Dele
Beto

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back