Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Like most others on here, I’ve never seen O’Brien play, not sure I quite get the clamour for him, is it our Irish fans again..

Again, I didn’t see any of Lyon last season, but they sure shipped a lot of goals. They’ve also been making big moves in the transfer market this summer, yet don’t see too bothered about keeping the lad.

Like most others on here, I’ve never seen O’Brien play, not sure I quite get the clamour for him, is it our Irish fans again..

Again, I didn’t see any of Lyon last season, but they sure shipped lot of goals. They’ve also been making big moves in the transfer market this summer, yet don’t see too bothered about keeping the lad.

Buy for one million, sell twelve months later for 25m, can see why they aren't arsed either.

Again, I didn’t see any of Lyon last season, but they sure shipped a lot of goals. They’ve also been making big moves in the transfer market this summer, yet don’t see too bothered about keeping the lad.

he’s poo.

he’s just poo

I’m suggesting this one isn’t happening. Just my opinion.
Maybe I just want to believe it is, but I think Thelwell can make a pretty appealing argument for him to look at Branthwaite whos about to vault himself to Barca, as we develop CBs in a great environment(Tarkowski, Pickford).

Almost a Summer to have a wank over that isn't it.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Jarrad Branthwaite

Midfield
James Garner
Tim Iroegbunam
Iliman Ndiaye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil

Strikers
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Thats currently what the squad is on course to look like next July.

Crellin
Coleman
Young
Virginia
Gana
Holgate
Keane
Doucoure
Harrison
Maupay
DCL

11 players and the only one some would want to keep is DCL.

We really need to sell as many of those that we can this summer.

Igor Thiago suffering a meniscus injury for Brentford could mean Brentford come back in for Maupay with more urgency - might actually get a few bob for him sooner rather than later in this window

Wonder if it might make them rethink the Toney situation, doesn't sound like they've got anywhere near the offers they thought they would.

Igor of course also needs time to adapt to the premier league. This injury wipes out preseason for him so he probably wont be effective until a couple of months into the season at least.

Apparently they were asking £70-80mil for Toney and have dropped that down to £40-50mil with still no takers. He'll be off somewhere and push for a move with will go through with him only having a year left on his contract.

If they ever had Maupay in mind then now would be the time for them to buy him.

We should do everything we can to sign Jake O’Brien he’s on a big trajectory. He will be a player that if not picked up this summer will go for much bigger money next summer.

With Tarks getting older and uncertainty on JB’s future, we need a player of his profile who could be around for 3/5 years or more.

He’d be an absolute monster under Dyche too.

If we could some how keep ahold of JB and add Jake too the mix we’d be set for a solid CB partnership for years to come.

Just the physicality of him alongside Branthwaite would make it a difficult game for opposition forwards.

Two massive players at 22 and 23 who should continue to improve over a decade.

Tarkowski of course giving advice and Dyche and his coaches potentially giving them 90s Italian defender vibes.

On paper a fearsome trio.

Hopefully Alan answers as curious to this as well, I know 'typically' CBs break through a bit later, but does seem to have gone from nothing to a 25m player overnight almost and not exactly a kid

O'Brien is only 11months older than Branthwaite.

Bear in mind the Textor factor. It's unlikely we'd have got the deal OL got.
True. But let's sign these sort of players at a few million rather than wait for them to be valued at £20m+. Some will be duds but at £3-4m, for example, you can afford for 2 or 3 to fail as long as 1 makes it. We really don't use our u23s, league cup games and so on in an effective way at all. We need to develop players, we don't have the money to rely on buying ready made players for each position. No matter what @Eggs says.

True. But let's sign these sort of players at a few million rather than wait for them to be valued at £20m+. Some will be duds but at £3-4m, for example, you can afford for 2 or 3 to fail as long as 1 makes it. We really don't use our u23s, league cup games and so on in an effective way at all. We need to develop players, we don't have the money to rely on buying ready made players for each position. No matter what @Eggs says.

It's one of the reasons why I want us to go for the young Swiss CB at Montpellier mate, probably cost no more than 6-7m and on buttons.

Really wanted us to go fir the young English CB at Peterborough who Southampton signed the other day for about 1m as well.

He'll turn into a big profit for them in a few years

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back