Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

So given that the percentage possession stats when DCL plays should be comfortably better than when he doesn't, but they are not.

So if he's holding it up bringing others into the play, why is there pretty much zero difference in any measurable metric which would show this?
Beto lost the ball 50% more often when he played last season and DCL won the ball in the air a third more. Not saying either of them is brilliant, but it actually is possible to see it in the stats.

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 14.45.54.webp

As I've said repeatedly, when you're averaging 41 points for 3 years on the spin - small margins matter and we can't afford to get any worse.

Beto, is worse.

And here's when we were a bit better;

• Last season, Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored 34% of Everton’s 47 goals, meaning that no team that finished above 17th place relied more on one single player for a larger percentage of their goals.
  • The Toffees were especially reliant on Calvert-Lewin because of Richarlison’s poor season, as the Brazilian only scored 7 from an xG of 11.5, giving him the 4th worst “Goals minus Expected Goals” stat in the entire league with -4.5

Both.

He's our best option. In any system over Beto, but particularly one which leaves the striker isolated.

Dyche/Everton also restrict him because, we don't create enough, or score enough. With or without him.

Chermiti is out, and none of us have a clue on him.

It's bonkers to say we'd wouldn't be any worse for losing him for £12m, not replacing him and relying on having one striker. Beto.

Your using data from before he tore his quad mate, do you think he is remotely the same player he was then?

Put any semi ok forward into that Ancelloti side and they hit close to 15 mate, Beto included.

Honestly, while it is not what I hoped for, it is a better window than I expected (my expectations were very, very low)

Ndaiye - has a bit about him and fills a need to replace Doucoure
O'Brien - succession planning for Branthwaite, the kind of signing healthy clubs make
Harrison - hard to get upset about a loan for a player that wants to be here and contributes
Lindstrom - this one is a bit odd given that we signed Ndaiye for his preferred spot and he has not excelled when on the wing. But, better a loan than a purchase and he may provide a bit of flexibility
Iroegbunam - early returns quite positive here. Looks to be a steal at this point
Begovic - no harm done
Mangala - needed depth considering Gueye is old, Garner is brittle (and may have to play fullback) and Doucoure is not really good in this role

Not addressing DCL (either move on or resign) is a failure, not addressing the fullbacks is a failure and we are still crying out for pace, but it is hard to say we aren't at least a little better than last year. Keeping Branthwaite is massive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back