Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were doing so well up to this point.
That’s why there was a “say” beforehand. Wouldn’t be dead set on either but examples of two attacking players who could cover multiple positions and could be signed for about 35 million the pair. KLP or whoever could be options too.

It's pretty widely agreed between Spurs insiders and the Dutch media that Bergwijn to Ajax is done and dusted, ready to be announced first week of July.

I haven't read or heard anything on Lucas Moura (who, btw, will absolutely run through brick walls for his club, top top bloke) but I'd be amazed if Bergwijn ends up anywhere other than Ajax.

Was there or wasn't there a quote which essentially suggested we want to build the team around DCL (and therefore his aerial ability)? That said, I suppose we should question if KLP, Dennis and Eriksen (the players we're most heavily linked with) are more suited than Richarlison and Gordon to providing for DCL? Just trying to make sense out of us selling our two best wide forwards from last season. I mean, Eriksen on dead balls would be better than anything we had last season but what about KLP and Dennis in open play?

100 million + Winks and erase any remaining debt on Dele. Otherwise no deal.
Yep, we have to be looking at what's happened in the past with regards to selling young English players. Liverpool sold Ibe, who was a nothing player for them and came on a few times off the bench, for £15m. We sold Rodwell for £30m, Rooney for £30m and transfers have exploded since then.

Gordon plays every game for us and plays well for the u21s. He's one of very few players most people want to keep. If somebody wants to buy him they need to come up with huge money that we cannot say no to, for example £40m plus, not that I think he's a £40m player mind you, or ever will be.

The fans won't accept Richarlison and Gordon being sold on the cheap and us going into the season weaker than we ended last season, that means absolutely certain relegation.

We've well and truly done ourselves over on the Dele deal and should be desperately looking to offload asap, otherwise we'll be due to pay Spurs serious money for a player that will never do anything for us. They well and truly saw us coming there and have us ball the balls for, if we're being modest, at least £20m if Dele plays a full season with us. Now they've come knocking and want two of our best players. They'll value Winks at £30m and say the deal for Richarlison and Gordon is worth £100m; £30m of Winks, £20m of Dele, and £50m cash. Would represent a truly disgusting deal for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.