Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson & Spence will be massivelly out of our reach if they came availible. We have missed the boat unfortunately now they have a high profile.

There are plenty of players in the championship we should be looking at theough. Brereton Diaz, Joe Worrall, John Swift, Joel Piroe, Mark McGuiness, Victor Gyokeres, Sam Bird, Jason Knight, Elijah Adebayo, Tyrese Campbell, Isiah Jones, Rob Dickie, Ellias Chair plus many more!

Its not a guarentee though, for every Jarrod Bowen, there is an Adam Armstrong. For every Ollie Watkins there is a Neal Maupay
Kind of a statement of where we are that I look at Adam Armstrong and Neil maupay and think... they'd get game time with us

We have wasted close to 100m on players who were relegated with their previous clubs. What a disaster of a transfer policy.

Johnson & Spence will be massivelly out of our reach if they came availible. We have missed the boat unfortunately now they have a high profile.

There are plenty of players in the championship we should be looking at theough. Brereton Diaz, Joe Worrall, John Swift, Joel Piroe, Mark McGuiness, Victor Gyokeres, Sam Bird, Jason Knight, Elijah Adebayo, Tyrese Campbell, Isiah Jones, Rob Dickie, Ellias Chair plus many more!

Its not a guarentee though, for every Jarrod Bowen, there is an Adam Armstrong. For every Ollie Watkins there is a Neal Maupay
Been saying for a while that its a good Championship at the moment and there are a number of good young players down there who could do a job for us, even just as squad types.

I don’t get this massively out of our reach.
Olise available for 8mil went to palace. Eze the year before, with probably a higher profile than Johnson, also went to palace.

I’m not saying a Liverpool or Chelsea or a Utd won’t look at him, but I will be very surprised. Maybe te best he can hope for us europa league, West Ham or wolves maybe. He will also want game time, the last thing he will want is come to the prem and spend 2yrs on the bench.

Brentford was the only team in for him in January. I can see teams like Brentford, Southampton, palace, Leeds and hopefully us the teams most likely to be in for him.

I don’t get this massively out of our reach.
Olise available for 8mil went to palace. Eze the year before, with probably a higher profile than Johnson, also went to palace.

I’m not saying a Liverpool or Chelsea or a Utd won’t look at him, but I will be very surprised. Maybe te best he can hope for us europa league, West Ham or wolves maybe. He will also want game time, the last thing he will want is come to the prem and spend 2yrs on the bench.

Brentford was the only team in for him in January. I can see teams like Brentford, Southampton, palace, Leeds and hopefully us the teams most likely to be in for him.
I think you are massively underestimating the players need or knowledge of wanting to move to a stable, functioning club!
Johnson & Spence will have other options, you mention Palace alot!
If it was between ourselves and Palace for either of those 2, I'm pretty sure the players will look at the job Palace have done with Mitchell, Guehi, Gallacher, Olise & Eze and believe that Palace is a better option for them!
The same would go for Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, Villa, West Ham....all are more secure, or appealing moves for players.

We also have to factor in the Jorrabchian/Moshiri factor of just choosing players from a certain stable of agency's

Its Zat mate, he will be promoting the idea of replacing them with Elijah Campbell, Jenson Metcalfe & Emiliano Lawrence

So we sell

Gomes
Allan
Gbamin
+ Delph is out of contract
+ VDB loan ends

We play 2 centre midfielders and still have:
Doucoure
Davies
Onyango/Price +other kids

Why must we sign 3 centre midfielders as @LocalNative says...rather than the 2 centre midfielders that I would focus on?

So we sell

Gomes
Allan
Gbamin
+ VDB loan ends

Doucoure
Davies

Why must we sign 3 centre midfielders as @LocalNative says...rather than the 2 centre midfielders that I would focus on?
We might only be playing with 2 midfielders at the moment as thats all we have though, we don't actually know if Frank wants to play that way going forward long term.

Kind of a statement of where we are that I look at Adam Armstrong and Neil maupay and think... they'd get game time with us
He's had little game time at Saints due to Broja on loan being rather better than anyone expected. Jury still out.

However Che Adams is now a valued player there, but took a year to adapt and come good. Admired for his holdup and linkup play more than scoring oodles of goals.

That time, patience or tolerance is not likely to extended to new arrivals here I'm afraid. We could break them.

We might only be playing with 2 midfielders at the moment as thats all we have though, we don't actually know if Frank wants to play that way going forward long term.

Possibly, although im not sure why Id be wrong in saying if we only go with 2 centre mids then we would need 2 new signings there...not 3.

If we do play with a 3 then it means we would be lighter elsewhere anyway so numbers wise we dont actually need many faces.

I think we can lose Kenny, Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun and Lonergan on frees...

...sell Mina, Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Iwobi, Gbamin, Gomes, Allan and Rondon.

Thats 14 players.

I think we would need
2 × CB
1 × RB
2 × CM
1 × CF

14 out and 6 players in.

So we sell

Gomes
Allan
Gbamin
+ VDB loan ends

Doucoure
Davies

Maybe because we have no idea if 19 year old Onyango & 18 year old Price are up to the standard.
Doucoure is approaching 30, and in both seasons with us, missed a significant amount of game time
Even his keenest admirers have question marks over Davies also!

Maybe because we have no idea if 19 year old Onyango & 18 year old Price are up to the standard.
Doucoure is approaching 30, and in both seasons with us, missed a significant amount of game time
Even his keenest admirers have question marks over Davies also!

What has actually happened to him? I keep hearing people mention his name but it feels like he’s been injured his entire career.

Possibly, although im not sure why Id be wrong in saying if we only go with 2 centre mids then we would need 2 new signings there...not 3.

If we do play with a 3 then it means we would be lighter elsewhere anyway so numbers wise we dont actually need many faces.

I think we can lose Kenny, Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun and Lonergan on frees...

...sell Mina, Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Iwobi, Gbamin, Gomes, Allan and Rondon.

Thats 14 players.

I think we would need
2 × CB
1 × RB
2 × CM
1 × CF

14 out and 6 players in.
Well you get left with Doucoure and Davies in midfield both of whom are useless, I like Tom as he at least puts a bit of effort in but Doucoure would be one of the first out the door for me, he just isn't a PL footballer.

If it wasnt for the financoal implicatons
May be a year in the championship would be
A breath of fresh air, surely we'd win 80% matches we could travel to different stadiums a nice jolly to blackpool
Rotherham away.. never been there.. get the kids involved get the enjoyemnt back into going the match the buzz the
Excitement
Devils advocate im palyng here mind, trying to find a ray of light
COYB WE CAN DO THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back