Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on Branthwaite, I can also see him as the central player in a 343.

Nkounkou competing with Mykolenko as the left wing back...Patterson as right wing back and Godfrey as right sided centre back.

The tricky part will be bringing in a left sided centre back along with cover for Patterson and the centre backs.
No idea what formation they will use and don't know who they'll get, just hope they get the right kind of player for the system and the club.

Also no more throwing around the cash like we are in the big time, sensible forward thinking please.

No idea what formation they will use and don't know who they'll get, just hope they get the right kind of player for the system and the club.

Also no more throwing around the cash like we are in the big time, sensible forward thinking please.

Thelwell wrote a book on 343 and Lampard seems to favour it.

I think it depends on the player. For example Id like to have Guehi from Palace at left centre back. 21 England international and would add athleticism, pace and leadership.

Godfrey at right centre back and him on the left playing in a 3 could be a long term setup...

He wouldnt be cheap and of course we would need to generate income from sales before looking at signings of that size.

For me, thats forward thinking and a proactive approach to bring in the skillset were lacking...but others may feel it best if we went for different types for half the price.

I think it depends on the player. For example Id like to have Guehi from Palace at left centre back. 21 England international and would add athleticism, pace and leadership.

Godfrey at right centre back and him on the left playing in a 3 could be a long term setup...

He wouldnt be cheap and of course we would need to generate income from sales before looking at signings of that size.

For me, thats forward thinking and a proactive approach to bring in the skillset were lacking...but others may feel it best if we went for different types for half the price.

How's spending £50m+ on an England international from Palace when we're completely skint forward thinking?

Forward thinking isnt signing a player that 3months ago nobody had even heard of.

Forward thinking means signing the player BEFORE anybody has heard of them.

Apparently were first in line for LukaJovic.

Available on loan or 30mil euro fee.

Lampard wanted him at Chelsea apparently.

Apparently were first in line for LukaJovic.

Available on loan or 30mil euro fee.

Lampard wanted him at Chelsea apparently.
Is that dependent on us staying up. Do you think if we sell Dom or rich or both if we go down he would come?

Is that dependent on us staying up. Do you think if we sell Dom or rich or both if we go down he would come?
Definitely not. I suppose selling some players like DCL and Richarlison maybe Pickford to. And being clever by doing a few loans, free’s maybe a loan to obligation for the following summer like spurs have done about 4/5 times in 3 years.

Free’s up money to hit other Areas. Just hope we have a plan this summer. Obviously we need to stay up first

Definitely not. I suppose selling some players like DCL and Richarlison maybe Pickford to. And being clever by doing a few loans, free’s maybe a loan to obligation for the following summer like spurs have done about 4/5 times in 3 years.

Free’s up money to hit other Areas. Just hope we have a plan this summer. Obviously we need to stay up first
Regardless where we are at the end of the season. This will be the biggest summer window in a long time for us. Need to have a complete rebuild. Now that will take a few seasons. But it’s very important we get the right foundations in place. Young and hungry players. Be smart in the window, as you said use loans and freebies. Loan to buy etc.

The key to 3 at the back, is having your wide players comfortable getting dragged out to the full back positions and having at least 2 of the centre backs excellent on the ball and having very good full backs.

But if you look at spurs dier and davies aren’t great players. Romero is a brilliant defender. Wing backs are ok, but not world beaters, Hojbjerg is a good defensive midfielder but again nothing special. They are challenging the top 4 because it’s a system that’s had to break and when you have Kane and son you will always get goals

Seeing Ten Hag more and more likely to become Man Utd manager, so add VDB on the list of players leaving. I am sure he fancies his chances going back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back