Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring in the clear out, as far as I’m concerned.

Whatever happens, happens. But so important we stay up this year, whilst we clear out the deadwood.

So many sides have been able to do it, most recently Palace. I think Palace got it down to a tee. Young players, big point to prove and nothing to lose.

Allan, Coleman, Calvert-Lewin, Holgate, Keane, Rondon, Gomes, Mina, Kenny all go with my blessing.

Rebuild the team, do it around your best players… back Lampard whatever way we can. Pull in the favours, recruit smartly.

Whether we survive or not, I expect we’ll be recruiting in the EFL this summer as a) we have to reduce our wage bill, b) no right-minded Premier League player will join a club in our state, c) we have to replace our outgoing transfers at a net profit. I actually don’t mind - Moyes was brilliant at this. With Thelwell’s background in youth recruiting, there’s real potential there.

FourFourTwo just released the top 50 EFL players. I’d be looking at Brereton Diaz (one year left) if we sell Richarlison or DCL, John Swift (free) to replace Sigurdsson, Johnstone (free) if Pickford goes, and Dickie for CB. Anyone else to be considered?

50. Joe Allen (Stoke)

49. Peter Clarke (Tranmere)

48. Matt Jay (Exeter)

47: Cameron Brannagan (Oxford United)

46. Emil Riis Jakobsen (PNE)

45: James McClean (Wigan Athletic)

44. Jonny Williams (Swindon)

43. Matty Stevens (Forest Green)

42. Elijah Adebayo (Luton)

41: Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)

40: Will Keane (Wigan Athletic)

39: Joe Jacobson (Wycombe Wanderers)

38. Kane Wilson (Forest Green)

37. Billy Sharp (Sheff Utd)

36: Dan Barlaser (Rotherham United)

35: Dapo Afolyan (Bolton Wanderers)

34. Andreas Weimann (Bristol City)

33. Jamille Matt (Forest Green)

32. Joel Piroe (Swansea)

31 Joe Rothwell (Blackburn)

30. Antoine Semenyo (Bristol City)

29. Sam Johnstone (WBA)

28. Dom Telford (Newport)

27: Cole Stockton (Morecambe)

26. Jed Wallace (Millwall)

25: Ross Stewart (Sunderland)

24. Isaiah Jones (Boro)

23. Darragh Lenihan (Blackburn)

22. Sorba Thomas (Huddersfield)

21: Michael Smith (Rotherham United)

20. Neeskens Kabano (Fulham)

19. Lloyd Kelly (Bournemouth)

18. Lewis O'Brien (Huddersfield)

17. Viktor Gyokeres (Coventry)

16. Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull)

15. Josh Bowler (Blackpool)

14: Scott Twine (MK Dons)

13. Morgan Gibbs-White (Sheff U)

12. Djed Spence (Forest)

11. Ilias Chair (QPR)

10th: Rob Dickie (QPR)

9th: Philip Billing (AFC Bournemouth)

8th: John Swift (Reading)

7th : Chris Willock (QPR)

6th: Dominic Solanke (AFC Bournemouth)

5th: Fabio Carvalho (Fulham)

4th: Brennan Johnson (Nottingham Forest)

3rd: Harry Wilson (Fulham)

2nd: Ben Brereton Diaz (Blackburn Rovers)

1st: Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)
I think we should sign Joe Allen, Peter Clarke and Michael keanes twin brother William off that list

More chance of getting Tottenham getting the £40m for Ali than us getting £25m for Moise Kean.
The day we let him go on loan was goodbye to any decent fee.

If Juventus get into the champions league next season we get around £25mil and will have had £6mil in loan fees.

The media say they dont want to keep him so are trying to find someone else to sell him to....then they would offer us the £25mil upfront and immediately sell.

Out of contract: Kenny, Sigurdsson, Lonergan, Tosun, Delph

Free transfers: Coleman, Rondon

Sales: Mina(£10mil), Keane(£10mil), Holgate(£10mil), Gomes(£5mil), Gbamin(£5mil), Iwobi(£10mil), Allan(£10mil), Virgini(£3.5mil)

...Kean to PSG £25mil to total £88.5mil.

GK: Pickford, Begovic, Tyrer.
LB: Mykolenko, Nkounkou
CB: Branthwaite, ???
CB: Godfrey, ???
RB: Patterson, ???
CM: Doucoure, ???
CM: Davies, ???
AM: Dele, ???
LF: Richarlison, Gray
CF: DCL, ???
RF: Gordon, Dobbin, Townsend

That would be my ideal window of outgoings with a centre back covering right back next season and a wide player covering for attacking midfield.

I'd put everything into 2 new centre backs and 2 new central midfielders along with a centre forward.

If acceptable offers come in for Richarlison, DCL, Gray or Pickford then we sell...replace and add any additional funds to the £88.5mil pot.

The u23s will be a year older and can beef out the squad.

That's pretty much the best case scenario, we should aim for that and see how close we can get. For instance if we can only sell two of Mina, Holgate and Keane then we should only look to bring in one starting CB,

We have GOT to stop padding out the squad with overpaid shysters who only appear ten or twelve times a year.

Weve been linked now to Gouiri (£45mil) and Depay(loan) who I think could be replacements for Richarlison/DCL.

I think that would be a masterclass from Thelwell if that happened...as much as I like our two.

If the stars aligned and the outs from my last post happened along with DCL/Richarlison out and Depay/Gouiri coming in...

We could see £175mil come in and 'only' then need 2 CBs and 2 CMs.

Problem is the relegation threat...we need to get points on the board so Thelwell can start working on transfers.

Bring in the clear out, as far as I’m concerned.

Whatever happens, happens. But so important we stay up this year, whilst we clear out the deadwood.

So many sides have been able to do it, most recently Palace. I think Palace got it down to a tee. Young players, big point to prove and nothing to lose.

Allan, Coleman, Calvert-Lewin, Holgate, Keane, Rondon, Gomes, Mina, Kenny all go with my blessing.

Rebuild the team, do it around your best players… back Lampard whatever way we can. Pull in the favours, recruit smartly.
I think the ‘point to prove’ thing is something that gets massively overplayed to be honest. Some of the players palace signed don’t really fit into that category at all. The key is to sign good players who fit what you’re trying to do, we’ve not always managed either of those things, and it’s extremely rare that we’ve got both.

Players we can get money back on

Dlc let's make some money
Allan sell back to Italy
Doucoure, engine but limited and reaching the end
Keane, do I need to say why
Iwobi, he just not cutting it
Mina, weak body

Might be lucky to get 90 million

I think the ‘point to prove’ thing is something that gets massively overplayed to be honest. Some of the players palace signed don’t really fit into that category at all. The key is to sign good players who fit what you’re trying to do, we’ve not always managed either of those things, and it’s extremely rare that we’ve got both.

I think what I’m referencing, and maybe its a lazy word by me, because of the wide nature of what im referencing.

With Gallagher he’s got to show he’s good enough, not just for Chelsea but the Premier Leahue. Guehi, was effectively rejected by Chelsea, so he dropped down and can show now why Chelsea were wrong to let him go.

Players we can get money back on

Dlc let's make some money
Allan sell back to Italy
Doucoure, engine but limited and reaching the end
Keane, do I need to say why
Iwobi, he just not cutting it
Mina, weak body

Might be lucky to get 90 million

Who’s buying Keane? :lol:

I think what I’m referencing, and maybe its a lazy word by me, because of the wide nature of what im referencing.

With Gallagher he’s got to show he’s good enough, not just for Chelsea but the Premier Leahue. Guehi, was effectively rejected by Chelsea, so he dropped down and can show now why Chelsea were wrong to let him go.
Gallagher only on loan so they not 'let him go' yet

Yeah I know what you mean and I agree in a way but not really with the idea that they will definitely have a point to prove (and therefore be successful) because of the circumstances of their signing.

I think any player can be said to have a point to prove if you frame it that way; if dele came in and scored/assisted half a dozen goals people would be saying it’s because he wanted to prove spurs wrong or get in the World Cup squad or get a longer contract or whatever. If he fails he’s just another example of us signing an overpaid waster with nothing to prove. It’s just a narrative that can be made to say whatever you want it to say.

Looking at Memphis Depay and Coady apparently according to the echo lol

Newspapers have given up even trying nowadays haven't they
Obviously take these rumours with a pinch of salt, but apparently thelwell likes to play 343 or 352. Which is what wolves do. And coady( who I wouldn’t want) can only play in a back 3.

Will be interesting to see what system him and Frank build the team to suit next season. For a start you think it would suit patterson, Mykolenko I’m not so sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back