Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the media care as much as that. Other than the odd article or talksport discussion it's not really being entertained. We are just one of those teams that exist these days, less people under 40 will care.
It will be a gigantic story when, if Everton go down my friend. The media simply can’t wait for those column inches and link clicks off it.

We can keep making FIFA 22 lists or just accept the fact we'll go into the next season with Gomes, Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Iwobi etc still here because they're total crap on big wages. (if we stay up)

And if the 2 CB’s who replace Keane, Mina and Holgate are injured who plays?

You’re talking about shifting 6 plays and bringing 3 in to what is an already depleted squad.

We have had to play Kenny at CB and Holgate in CM already this season due to lack of numbers.
It’s called an injury crisis not lack of numbers. But you can’t have 7 CB’s in case you get 4 injuries. Unfortunately we’ve been hit hard with injuries but I’d rather play a kid in the academy, than some bang average CB sitting in the stands most weeks on 70k a week.

You should probably have 3 very good CB’s a 4th who’s a solid pro and 5th would be an under 23 player.

It’s called an injury crisis not lack of numbers. But you can’t have 7 CB’s in case you get 4 injuries. Unfortunately we’ve been hard with injuries but I’d rather play a kid in the academy, than some bang average CB sitting in the stands most weeks on 70k a week.

You should probably have 3 very good CB’s a 4th who’s a solid pro and 5th would be an under 23 player.
Or more Alan Harper types in your squad. The death of the utility player is a real shame.

If the two CBs in the hypothetical example are both injured, Godfrey plays alongside Branthwaite. Are you familiar with the squad mate?

You're ignoring the reason the squad is depleted in the first place. We have a big squad, it's just got too many perma-crocks like Delph and Mina, and absolute bums like Tosun who have no interest in playing whatsoever.

The club cannot ignore the financial scenario. It isn't going to be possible to wave goodbye to six players and then immediately stockpile six more. Quantity is going to have to make way for quality - and let's face it, a squad made large with a swathe of rubbish players hasn't got us anywhere this season, has it.

So which two CB's and two CM's are we gonna sign for the supposed £60m we get for the departing Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Delph and Gbamin?

I'm not saying I would like keep them six, but it's not Football Manager. We can't just get teams to pay for our crap to then buy cheap players who come in and immediately improve the team.

So which two CB's and two CM's are we gonna sign for the supposed £60m we get for the departing Mina, Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Delph and Gbamin?

I'm not saying I would like keep them six, but it's not Football Manager. We can't just get teams to pay for our crap to then buy cheap players who come in and immediately improve the team.
I think we will have to take hits on our players.
This is my take if we stay in the prem. just get what we can for Mina,
One of Holgate/Keane. Gomes and Gbamin, maybe Allan from midfield as well, with rumours of lazio being interested at 31 and year left, 10/12mil would be to good to turn down.

I was all for selling iwobi, but maybe he stays if he finishes the season well and Frank wants to play with a number 10. Then what happens to Dele? Kean hopefully the rumour juve want to do the deal a year early comes true. Add in the 4 out of contract players.

Out of that list of 11 only 2/3 have been regulars. Then I’d sell DCL, Richarlison and Pickford if we get good offers.

Then I would look to buy 5 players who walk into the first 11. A GK, CB, CM, Striker, and Wide player. For 20/30mil each Which would probably work out at roughly 50mil on the books next season. You could get a free transfer in one or two positions. Like Sam Johnstone the keeper is out of contract.

Then you try for a few cheaper younger players with potential and maybe a loan or two.

I run a Championship Banter page and they can't wait for Everton to drop!!, it's a new ground to visit instead of the usual up and down grounds of West Brom, Norwich, Fulham and Watford.

This is on you. This is on all you speculative little humble brag YouTube scouts urging the club to sign fancy fans who eventually poison us. Pipe rar down you’re worse than kopites.

You have a telegraph subscription? How very Tory.

What does it say lol
Hey Chico are you going to link Piers Morgan's Everton takes next? lol

I know this has been stated a multitude of times but the squad is so atrocious but not just that they're terrible on an individual basis it's just a hodgepodge of incompatible players at least with l teams like Burnley or leeds they all fit a certain philosophy. The fact we dont have an actual defensive mid is absurd and delph doesn't count because you have to play more than 3 games a season to be considered an asset . Also a complete absence of creative players too it was a bad sign that one of most creative players under Lampard has been Allan lol and he hasn't been that creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back