Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously take these rumours with a pinch of salt, but apparently thelwell likes to play 343 or 352. Which is what wolves do. And coady( who I wouldn’t want) can only play in a back 3.

Will be interesting to see what system him and Frank build the team to suit next season. For a start you think it would suit patterson, Mykolenko I’m not so sure
Of course the papers talk total under garments.

I really can't see European pushing team Wolves selling us their Captain after we scrape by relegation (if we do)

Not to mention hes also a Liverpool fan. Great CB though, he is however, 29 years old

Of course the papers talk total under garments.

I really can't see European pushing team Wolves selling us their Captain after we scrape by relegation (if we do)

Not to mention hes also a Liverpool fan. Great CB though, he is however, 29 years old
Well he looks good in a 3 not so great in a 2 which proved last season when wolves played a back 4 at times.

I wouldn’t want us to spend money on him even if he wanted to come,
Which is unlikely. It was more thinking will we go to a back 3 next season

Well he looks good in a 3 not so great in a 2 which proved last season when wolves played a back 4 at times.

I wouldn’t want us to spend money on him even if he wanted to come,
Which is unlikely. It was more thinking will we go to a back 3 next season
You need to have really good CM's to play 3 at the back I think and we really, really don't, obviously could change in the summer, not sure where the money is coming from and we have to stay in the league

You need to have really good CM's to play 3 at the back I think and we really, really don't, obviously could change in the summer, not sure where the money is coming from and we have to stay in the league
We need to make the most of the many OOC players that are going to be available this summer, there are going to be some good bargains about. However much will actually depend on whether we can actually stay up first.

Well we will sell a few of our biggest assets imo
So should be in a position to buy

We need to make the most of the many OOC players that are going to be available this summer, there are going to be some good bargains about. However much will actually depend on whether we can actually stay up first.
This is why I would ignore every single bit of transfer fake news at the moment, we simply cannot look at any deals until we know our status for the next year. Sadly...

A huge part of Everton’s demise has been the “sign all the players” fans, possibly the same people who sang Were f’ing Rich when we were taken over at Villa Park.

When did we do a check in summer who people wanted in for big money and have turned out terrible? Where’s the accountability for these types, perhaps some even in this thread, who have been a driving force in urging Everton to sign loads of utter bilge and hamstring the club with FFP?

Still, it’s not our money eh so why we arsed? Until this disgusting Geordie section of our fanbase is piped down then the rot will continue.

A huge part of Everton’s demise has been the “sign all the players” fans, possibly the same people who sang Were f’ing Rich when we were taken over at Villa Park.

When did we do a check in summer who people wanted in for big money and have turned out terrible? Where’s the accountability for these types, perhaps some even in this thread, who have been a driving force in urging Everton to sign loads of utter bilge and hamstring the club with FFP?

Still, it’s not our money eh so why we arsed? Until this disgusting Geordie section of our fanbase is piped down then the rot will continue.
i.e. Gylfi Sigurdsson,

He was not a £45m signing in anyones world but ours

Obviously take these rumours with a pinch of salt, but apparently thelwell likes to play 343 or 352. Which is what wolves do. And coady( who I wouldn’t want) can only play in a back 3.

Will be interesting to see what system him and Frank build the team to suit next season. For a start you think it would suit patterson, Mykolenko I’m not so sure
Yeah was thinking about this too as Thelwell has a book written about playing 343 I believe and Lampard seems to like this formation.

Can't see Coady coming and I reckon it's just lazy journalism, but Branthwaite is good on the ball and could be seen as the long term central player in a back 3.

Have Nkounkou to come back who could suit left wing back well with his strength and pace, but also not sure on him either

No one is lining up a deal till we know what league we're in.

Altho if Coady is avaliable and fancies a move back home then I think he'd be perfect.

Cant see coady at all here with the price for him and think he is happy at wolves. Was links to Niakhaté who seems fit the bill one yr left on contract lcb 6,3. Hopefully us staying up we will have to do alot of smart deals to bring the right players into the team

Yeah was thinking about this too as Thelwell has a book written about playing 343 I believe and Lampard seems to like this formation.

Can't see Coady coming and I reckon it's just lazy journalism, but Branthwaite is good on the ball and could be seen as the long term central player in a back 3.

Have Nkounkou to come back who could suit left wing back well with his strength and pace, but also not sure on him either

Agreed on Branthwaite, I can also see him as the central player in a 343.

Nkounkou competing with Mykolenko as the left wing back...Patterson as right wing back and Godfrey as right sided centre back.

The tricky part will be bringing in a left sided centre back along with cover for Patterson and the centre backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back