Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Ten Hag more and more likely to become Man Utd manager, so add VDB on the list of players leaving. I am sure he fancies his chances going back
Let's be honest: I think most of us fancy him going back. For one reason or another, he has been another disastrous signing for us. Barely played - like far too many of our squad.

I was a fan of him at Ajax. I thought he'd be great for us after leaving the dysfunction of United. But the dysfunction of Everton is even more corrosive. We needed a new signing to be an instant success. It's so long since that happened. And it didn't happen here. Good player. But hardly a loss based on his non-existent contribution to date.

We never really had a chance, I reckon he would have cost more money than we can afford, but I agree.
i think we had a chance, because i doubt VDB would want to get back there under a new manager and risk being on the bench again. He will thrust Ten Hag more knowing him. And depending on the price it might have been a good deal. His EFC career has been a bit stop start so far so hard to judge. Closed subject anyway i guess certainly if the dreaded relegation happens

Forward thinking isnt signing a player that 3months ago nobody had even heard of.

Forward thinking means signing the player BEFORE anybody has heard of them.
Last summer was the time to sign Guehi. There is Levi Colwill in a similar situation to Guehi but I doubt Chelsea would sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back