Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us signing 4(!) players from Chelsea can you

Individually i could see all 4 moving...why not try for a lump sum with Lampard as the attraction?

Its something which could be worth trying.

No chance for that at all. Even if it was possible, Chelsea would put buy back clauses which would mean we wouldnt make a profit on any of them, leaving us with no assets to sell.

Why would we not make profit if theres buybacks?

They may be 50% or 100% more than the purchase price...or even higher.

City will continue to have tons of cash available due to them being owned by a City State with improved commercial streams and blag sponsors to hide it.

Newcastle will have tons of cash available due to them being owned by the third biggest oil producer in the World and some head space on FFP.

Not sure that stops us buying some bargains or getting some decent loanees.

I choose to be positive despite Everton.

City seem to be having a bit of a fire sale, to make room in their budget for Halland.

If we could sign Colwill + Gilmour + Gallagher + Broja for under £100mil

While selling Richarlison and DCL for £110-120mil

That would be interesting business...while still having Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes etc to sell.

Zat, we do not need Cowill, it would be at this moment in time massive stupidity to spend upwards of 20-25m on a cb whose the same age as Braithwaite who we hope to develop by loaning him this season so at next he may be at the relatively sane level Cowill is now and ready to become part of the first team.

We bring in Cowill it ties us to a back 5 with a 19yo with no top flight experience at all playing - it also basically writes off a 23m quid signing in Godfrey as they play the same position.

Alongside Tarkowski all our current cbs are gonna be much better - why when we are in a financial mess would you want to spend so much on someone who right now may not even be ready at this level and is not a position we need in comparison to others.

Also on who you'd spend the money on, we'd have a midfield addition of Gilmour and Gallacher

Neither can play in a two, so means we'd have to go 5-3-2 meaning no place for Gordon. And wed have a cm of I'm assuming Gilmour - Gallacher and Dacoure/Allan which would get carved open and wouldn't have any creativity in it and only a goal threat from Gallacher in essence

If we could sign Colwill + Gilmour + Gallagher + Broja for under £100mil

While selling Richarlison and DCL for £110-120mil

That would be interesting business...while still having Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes etc to sell.
I would be really happy to sign every single one of those players. But a team that doesn't score goals cannot sell their only two goalscorers in one window. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football and, given where we finished last season, it is far too big a risk.

Where's all this talk about selling DCL come from? Is it purely guessing because theres been a few links to strikers?

We know we need another striker, we can sign one with DCL and they will both get plenty of game time.

I understand the impatience but due to PL rules we are back in the Moyes era with a very limited budget which tends to produce slow, careful decisions.

Any deal we commit to closes the door on lots of others meaning there are a ton of things to try to evaluate to ensure we maximise the combined impact of our restricted expenditure.

Hopefully Thelwell/Lampard do not fully share Moyes’ risk averse nature otherwise we might still be here on deadline day grumbling.
Agree with that, we need to start making several moves in the next week or so though.

If the prep work is done, there should be little need to panic and less need to wait until deadline day/week.

Almost every year, we are hamstrung by doing business late with players coming in unsettled and unfit.

No problem with some late business, but we should be looking to do 80% of what we need by the season beginning, with the possible exception of loans and/or free transfers.

I would be really happy to sign every single one of those players. But a team that doesn't score goals cannot sell their only two goalscorers in one window. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football and, given where we finished last season, it is far too big a risk.
Its exactly the reason Burnley went down. We need to add goals. A replacement for Ritchey and back up to DCL are high priority.

No chance for that at all. Even if it was possible, Chelsea would put buy back clauses which would mean we wouldnt make a profit on any of them, leaving us with no assets to sell.
Buy backs are usually for more than the initial fee so there would be some profit to be made.

Get Kean and Keane sold, Mina and Gomes too, and Davies. £25m, £15m, £10m, £10m, £5m.

We've just got £50m for Richi. Give the manager £100m to buy two strikers, a defensive midfielder, winger and centre half. Two of them can be on loan for all I care, but we desperately need to get the trash out, and some decent players in.
Broadly agree with you on this, although I'd rather keep Davies and sell Gbamin, and I think we need a new CM as well as a DM.

I think we need to use every loan slot available to us, because I don't see how we can fill all the gaps in the squad otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back