Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbamin, Davies, Gomes, Rondon, Iwobi, Dele, Keane - just about £500k a week on these guys.

Disgraceful really. We can't even give some of them away.
The key ones to sell really are Gbamin (£75k p/w), Gomes (£120k p/w), Allan (£120k p/w), Rondon (£50k p/w) and Mina (£120k p/w). They either offer nothing (Gbamin, Gomes, Rondon), aren’t bad but don’t justify champions league wages (Allan), or are injured too much for us to justify their wage (Mina).

Keane, Iwobi and Dele are going nowhere are will play plenty next season. Davies im not even arsed about on his wage.

You'd think we would have had some players lined up for July 1st with it being the new financial year and such. Doesn't sound like we're making headway on anyone from noise.
Looks to me like we’re looking to scour the free and loan market once again. Now it could be that we’re doing that first, and then spending what little money we have to spend on whatever positions we haven’t managed to fill, which would be sensible business. Or, we simply don’t have a pot to piss in. I’m hoping its the former.

The key ones to sell really are Gbamin (£75k p/w), Gomes (£120k p/w), Allan (£120k p/w), Rondon (£50k p/w) and Mina (£120k p/w). They either offer nothing (Gbamin, Gomes, Rondon), aren’t bad but don’t justify champions league wages (Allan), or are injured too much for us to justify their wage (Mina).

Keane, Iwobi and Dele are going nowhere are will play plenty next season. Davies im not even arsed about on his wage.

We basically need our highest earners to be starters we can't carry very expensive fringe players in the wage bill.

Looks to me like we’re looking to scour the free and loan market once again. Now it could be that we’re doing that first, and then spending what little money we have to spend on whatever positions we haven’t managed to fill, which would be sensible business. Or, we simply don’t have a pot to piss in. I’m hoping its the former.

I hope that what we are doing is trying to ensure we get players in who compliment each other and fit into the system we want to implement mate.

I really liked KLP - but ultimately his best position is the same as Gordon's, his next best is Dele's favoured position, so question is do we need him as much as we need a 20m center mid or other position...

If we could sign Colwill + Gilmour + Gallagher + Broja for under £100mil

While selling Richarlison and DCL for £110-120mil

That would be interesting business...while still having Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes etc to sell.
Be very interesting business and also stupid business, wouldn’t want colwill or Gilmour why would we sign 4 players who aren’t close to getting in Chelsea’s team young yes but not even close to the first team or they would of been at Chelsea last season and not mentioned as being for sale if good enough. We’re in a position now where every transfer is crucial and should be looked into 100% so we don’t go blowing 100m on players that aren’t good enough we’re not in a position to be gambling 100m on young unproven players. Absolutely bonkers to even suggest that.

Feels like we are right back in 2002 when Moyes took over except there is no Gazza and Ginola at the training ground. Mind you, we have plenty of others who shouldn't be here either now.

We are very vulnerable and finances tight. Everloan F.C. looks to be back.

Perhaps the circumstances will bring out the best in Lampard and the club, in the words of a certain Eric Clapton, we seem to be running on faith at the moment.

Whole thing has gone full circle in 20 years and nothing to speak of in-between.

If that is what we are doing, I really don't know why we don't go for Grillitsch. He wouldn't be my first choice, but for a free transfer especially, he is a good player.

His transfer value must be at least £15m and we'd be getting him on a free in a position where we desperately need reinforcements. His deal with Fiorentina fell through a few weeks back and we should go for it.

Could also be a case of certain players like fir example Ericksen, until he decided we hold off on a creative player or right sided mid, as he fits that role, so if we go early buy one then he agrees we've used limited resources to double fill one need.

Same as we need a second striker, but if DCL stays it's a backup we need, if he goes we need a starter and likely 2 to compete.

We need a goal scoring cm, but until Chelsea run the rule over Gallacher buying one then he becomes available again means we spent money on an option not the first choice who has then become available.

In a way think back to the summer of signing ten number tens for how recruitment can be done horribly if not done with a coordinated plan in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back