Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did mention we could add in a wide player + generate more funds for signings through sales.

It looks like your reasons for not signing players is more your dislike of a formation?

Im thinking to change formation and have 2 players competing in a few areas rather than going with a set 11 and then a drop off.

If we have competition and players who can adapt then we can play 3 or 4 at the back...as well as 2 or 5 in midfield.

This is true...but on the other hand changing the team should have a positive effect if we improve 3 positions while weakening one?

Looking at our position that may have been a great idea :p

Why so...all of the 4 are each decent players individually.

We need to sign KLP as otherwise we lose one of those two and were screwed.

We also need centre mids...we need a better squad not only an 11.

Why would you not want Colwill or Gilmour?

Were not a top 4 side...they may well become top 4 players away from a top 4 club.
Would be a massive risk just to have broja and rondon as the two cf. keeping dcl this season is a must for me is too much of a gamble if we let him go is like leicester with vardy dont look the same team without him.

I'd love someone to come in for Alli. Gets us out the financial knots Levy put us in and gets a high earner future deadwood off the books.
Exactly, it was only ever a good deal if we used the first 20 games with no fee (I.e) second half of last season to see if he was worth triggering payments on this season.

As it is, he barely managed to break in to one of the worst midfields in the premier league, with lampard saying he wasn’t doing enough in training…a recurring theme from Spurs.

He should absolutely be exited this summer before we have to pay £10million fee for him and have him sitting on the bench on big wages this season.

Move him on for free - we can do better for the wages he’ll be hoovering up for his inconsistent input.

Why so...all of the 4 are each decent players individually.
They are, but non have set the world alight on their loans at lower half clubs. You spend 100m on them, then there needs to be a fairly quick return from them.

It makes the spine of our team very inexperienced, all learning their trade, including Gordon, and likely Patterson next season and that puts pressure on over half the team to develop to a good enough standard very quickly. You can have one/two youngsters who will make mistakes if you have the solid players around them, you can't have 5/6 who are going to be developing.

There's a reason why they say you won't win anything with kids.

This is true...but on the other hand changing the team should have a positive effect if we improve 3 positions while weakening one.
As a general rule, I would agree with the maths. I just can't be onboard with doing it with goalscorers. You know what it's like with forward positions - we could sell DCL and get 2 quality forwards in, who could play very well and look great for the future, but might score 7 each. If that happens, having lost Richie and DCL's goals (and yes, I know DCL didn't score many last year) is just so risky.

If it was me, I would bring in Broja, rotate him with DCL, promise DCL and the PL that we will look to sell him next summer. We get money in, don't have a rookie leading the line, PL are satisfied and the player gets his move.

DCL is a very limited player in a lot of ways, but get the ball into him, he will score goals. We've already been through the kind of teething with him that we will have to do with Broja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back