Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also be a case of certain players like fir example Ericksen, until he decided we hold off on a creative player or right sided mid, as he fits that role, so if we go early buy one then he agrees we've used limited resources to double fill one need.

Same as we need a second striker, but if DCL stays it's a backup we need, if he goes we need a starter and likely 2 to compete.

We need a goal scoring cm, but until Chelsea run the rule over Gallacher buying one then he becomes available again means we spent money on an option not the first choice who has then become available.

In a way think back to the summer of signing ten number tens for how recruitment can be done horribly if not done with a coordinated plan in place
This is an extraordinarily sensible post. What in the world is it doing in this thread...?

Gallagher and broja are 2 I’d be interested in also Dennis would like someone like Matheus nunes. Maybe even Norgaard from Brentford

I would say that as long as were signing young players whose values should increase and we could sell in 12-36months at a large profit then we'll be ok.

Gallagher, Broja, Colwill and Gilmour fit that mould I think...could be wrong of course.

Nunes for over £25mil is a risk, Norgaard and Dennis we wouldnt make their fees back.

I think that somehow the DOF and Manager need to turn the squad value from e.g £250mil into £500mil over the next couple of seasons. Then continue to increase it to be in line with the top 4 or top 6 squads.

We have to do that through youth and coaching.

So far, with Lampard weve seen him do this at Derby and Chelsea so thats the type id be after.

Even if it meant a low finish next season...he needs to build a new squad and improve and develop the players.

Id say if weve got 4/5 relatively experienced players there then they'd pull the youngsters through.

Leeds under O'Leary and Uniteds young sides had 5/6 young players there.

But we wouldn't. That's the problem. We would have pickford, tarks (who is new to the club) mykolenko (been here what, 6 months?), doucoure who isn't great and then a new RW/iwobi.

Then colwill, Patterson, Gallagher, gilmour, Gordon, broja.

You are going back 20 years for examples of teams who used young players.

I would say that as long as were signing young players whose values should increase and we could sell in 12-36months at a large profit then we'll be ok.

Gallagher, Broja, Colwill and Gilmour fit that mould I think...could be wrong of course.

Nunes for over £25mil is a risk, Norgaard and Dennis we wouldnt make their fees back.

I think that somehow the DOF and Manager need to turn the squad value from e.g £250mil into £500mil over the next couple of seasons. Then continue to increase it to be in line with the top 4 or top 6 squads.

We have to do that through youth and coaching.

So far, with Lampard weve seen him do this at Derby and Chelsea so thats the type id be after.

Even if it meant a low finish next season...he needs to build a new squad and improve and develop the players.
agree but there has to be an appreciation that we very nearly got relegated last season and a ‘low finish’ next season can’t mean another dogfight.

We are definitely at the point where we might have to suck up a 11-15th place so long as it’s very clearly building a base for far far results after that.

Problem with finishing bottom half is that you could be mathematically in the relegation mix up until the 35th match or something. After last year, this club can’t take that. Staff, players and especially fans. We all say we understand the situation now and it might be a transition year etc, but the supportive crowds welcoming the bus will soon be pelting it and shouting anti-Iwobi songs then surrounding the directors box screaming if we are not safe in April. Will be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back