Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as his hard drive gets checked by the authorities. Hate to think of how many hours of South American u13 'scouting' footage is on there.
I keep telling people, Zat doesnt watch football, he just reads about players.

95% of the names he mentions, hes never watched them kick a ball.

Take Colwill for example, you're telling me he spent hours watching bloody Huddersfield?

No mate.

Take Colwill for example, you're telling me he spent hours watching bloody Huddersfield?

No mate.
Yep, never once mentioned Becao but now it's in the media he won't stop going on about how he's got a "screw loose".

Never seen him undecided on a player either I swear. Everyone is either sunday league or world class. If you read his reviews on Dumfries you'd think a traffic cone would be better, read him on Emerson and you'd take him over prime Cafu

Get the player makers

Cima_da_Conegliano%2C_God_the_Father.jpg

We should encourage it, for every game of Fifa he plays the lives of at least 3 women are saved, the longer we keep the Singaporean Sutcliffe distracted the better.
As long as his hard drive gets checked by the authorities. Hate to think of how many hours of South American u13 'scouting' footage is on there.

Let's not be snides and remember, we all post on an internet football forum - a lot of society would have us down as freaks. They'd probably be right, too.

Sure, take the piss but some of it is too far.

I did mention we could add in a wide player + generate more funds for signings through sales.

It looks like your reasons for not signing players is more your dislike of a formation?

Im thinking to change formation and have 2 players competing in a few areas rather than going with a set 11 and then a drop off.

If we have competition and players who can adapt then we can play 3 or 4 at the back...as well as 2 or 5 in midfield.

This is true...but on the other hand changing the team should have a positive effect if we improve 3 positions while weakening one?

Looking at our position that may have been a great idea :p

Why so...all of the 4 are each decent players individually.

We need to sign KLP as otherwise we lose one of those two and were screwed.

We also need centre mids...we need a better squad not only an 11.

Why would you not want Colwill or Gilmour?

Were not a top 4 side...they may well become top 4 players away from a top 4 club.
That’s the words right there they may become, we need players right now who are going to make an impact wish we was in a position to ease young players in over next 2-3 seasons we can’t afford to waste any more money I know every transfer has a risk but we need proven players who can compete at premier league level. Not seen anything of colwill and gilmour wasn’t very good albeit in a poor Norwich side.

Would be a massive risk just to have broja and rondon as the two cf. keeping dcl this season is a must for me is too much of a gamble if we let him go is like leicester with vardy dont look the same team without him.

The worry is that DCL's quad goes again, then hes done. We'd probably be done as well.

They are, but non have set the world alight on their loans at lower half clubs. You spend 100m on them, then there needs to be a fairly quick return from them.

It makes the spine of our team very inexperienced, all learning their trade, including Gordon, and likely Patterson next season and that puts pressure on over half the team to develop to a good enough standard very quickly. You can have one/two youngsters who will make mistakes if you have the solid players around them, you can't have 5/6 who are going to be developing.

There's a reason why they say you won't win anything with kids.

Id say if weve got 4/5 relatively experienced players there then they'd pull the youngsters through.

Leeds under O'Leary and Uniteds young sides had 5/6 young players there.

As a general rule, I would agree with the maths. I just can't be onboard with doing it with goalscorers. You know what it's like with forward positions - we could sell DCL and get 2 quality forwards in, who could play very well and look great for the future, but might score 7 each. If that happens, having lost Richie and DCL's goals (and yes, I know DCL didn't score many last year) is just so risky.

If it was me, I would bring in Broja, rotate him with DCL, promise DCL and the PL that we will look to sell him next summer. We get money in, don't have a rookie leading the line, PL are satisfied and the player gets his move.

DCL is a very limited player in a lot of ways, but get the ball into him, he will score goals. We've already been through the kind of teething with him that we will have to do with Broja.
Agree, as I wrote above though if he does his quad again we can kiss £60mil goodbye.

Alot will depend on our sales this window but I think we'll need to be making some moves were yet to read about if were going to improve.

Signing Broja will come out of the Richarlison money unless we make sales...we still need a left footed centre back, two midfielders and a wide player on top of another forward.

No mate.

Yet I pulled you up on both Cornet and Dennis' positions only a few days ago.

You gave me a bunch of stats which werent what I saw.

Then Watfords own fans article came out which showed i was correct.

Again...

The worry is that DCL's quad goes again, then hes done. We'd probably be done as well.

Id say if weve got 4/5 relatively experienced players there then they'd pull the youngsters through.

Leeds under O'Leary and Uniteds young sides had 5/6 young players there.

Agree, as I wrote above though if he does his quad again we can kiss £60mil goodbye.

Alot will depend on our sales this window but I think we'll need to be making some moves were yet to read about if were going to improve.

Signing Broja will come out of the Richarlison money unless we make sales...we still need a left footed centre back, two midfielders and a wide player on top of another forward.

Yet I pulled you up on both Cornet and Dennis' positions only a few days ago.

You gave me a bunch of stats which werent what I saw.

Then Watfords own fans article came out which showed i was correct.

Again...
I openly admit I dont watch games outside of Everton and some CL games.

And im always open that I use stats and youtube to gauge players.

I present facts, not conjecture.

Yep, never once mentioned Becao but now it's in the media he won't stop going on about how he's got a "screw loose".

Never seen him undecided on a player either I swear. Everyone is either sunday league or world class. If you read his reviews on Dumfries you'd think a traffic cone would be better, read him on Emerson and you'd take him over prime Cafu

Why would I post about Becao?

Just a nothing player.

That’s the words right there they may become, we need players right now who are going to make an impact wish we was in a position to ease young players in over next 2-3 seasons we can’t afford to waste any more money I know every transfer has a risk but we need proven players who can compete at premier league level. Not seen anything of colwill and gilmour wasn’t very good albeit in a poor Norwich side.
Who would you sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back