Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that what we are doing is trying to ensure we get players in who compliment each other and fit into the system we want to implement mate.

I really liked KLP - but ultimately his best position is the same as Gordon's, his next best is Dele's favoured position, so question is do we need him as much as we need a 20m center mid or other position...

Despite selling Rich our priority should definitely be centre mid, if we have to wait to secure either Gallagher or Zinchenko then so be it.

If that is what we are doing, I really don't know why we don't go for Grillitsch. He wouldn't be my first choice, but for a free transfer especially, he is a good player.

His transfer value must be at least £15m and we'd be getting him on a free in a position where we desperately need reinforcements. His deal with Fiorentina fell through a few weeks back and we should go for it.
I’ll admit I don’t really know the fella, but enough people seem to rate him that it’d probably be a good idea.

Despite selling Rich our priority should definitely be centre mid, if we have to wait to secure either Gallagher or Zinchenko then so be it.

I’ll admit I don’t really know the fella, but enough people seem to rate him that it’d probably be a good idea.

Agree mate, also if our profile o recruitment is targeting loans and/or younger players at clubs like Chelsea/City etc, then they are more likely to be one available as those teams recruit. City buy a new left back then Zinchenko suddenly becomes very available and likely at a reduced fee than if they don't and your then trying to persuade a player who is still theoretically in that teams plans.

None of that has happened though. We have signed a defensive upgrade on a free.

Are heavily linked with Dennis who isn't a cast off.

Becao isn't a cast off and has come from a bit left field.

Zinchenko could be considered a cast off I guess except Pep doesn't really want him to leave, and actually, he has played a considerable amount for City, out of position.

Which cast offs have we over paid for?
It's going to happen . Currently none of those players you mentioned have any solid links. Which window this one or all the previous ?

We would be reliant on a frontline of Broja, Gray and Gordon who scored a combined 15 goals last season.
I did mention we could add in a wide player + generate more funds for signings through sales.

Zat, we do not need Cowill, it would be at this moment in time massive stupidity to spend upwards of 20-25m on a cb whose the same age as Braithwaite who we hope to develop by loaning him this season so at next he may be at the relatively sane level Cowill is now and ready to become part of the first team.

We bring in Cowill it ties us to a back 5 with a 19yo with no top flight experience at all playing - it also basically writes off a 23m quid signing in Godfrey as they play the same position.

Alongside Tarkowski all our current cbs are gonna be much better - why when we are in a financial mess would you want to spend so much on someone who right now may not even be ready at this level and is not a position we need in comparison to others.

Also on who you'd spend the money on, we'd have a midfield addition of Gilmour and Gallacher

Neither can play in a two, so means we'd have to go 5-3-2 meaning no place for Gordon. And wed have a cm of I'm assuming Gilmour - Gallacher and Dacoure/Allan which would get carved open and wouldn't have any creativity in it and only a goal threat from Gallacher in essence
It looks like your reasons for not signing players is more your dislike of a formation?

Im thinking to change formation and have 2 players competing in a few areas rather than going with a set 11 and then a drop off.

If we have competition and players who can adapt then we can play 3 or 4 at the back...as well as 2 or 5 in midfield.

I would be really happy to sign every single one of those players. But a team that doesn't score goals cannot sell their only two goalscorers in one window. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football and, given where we finished last season, it is far too big a risk.
This is true...but on the other hand changing the team should have a positive effect if we improve 3 positions while weakening one?

…was it last summer you suggested we bulk buy 4 players from Barcelona?
Looking at our position that may have been a great idea :p

I get we need to build for the future etc. But we would be relegated with that.
Why so...all of the 4 are each decent players individually.

I hope that what we are doing is trying to ensure we get players in who compliment each other and fit into the system we want to implement mate.

I really liked KLP - but ultimately his best position is the same as Gordon's, his next best is Dele's favoured position, so question is do we need him as much as we need a 20m center mid or other position...
We need to sign KLP as otherwise we lose one of those two and were screwed.

We also need centre mids...we need a better squad not only an 11.

Be very interesting business and also stupid business, wouldn’t want colwill or Gilmour why would we sign 4 players who aren’t close to getting in Chelsea’s team young yes but not even close to the first team or they would of been at Chelsea last season and not mentioned as being for sale if good enough. We’re in a position now where every transfer is crucial and should be looked into 100% so we don’t go blowing 100m on players that aren’t good enough we’re not in a position to be gambling 100m on young unproven players. Absolutely bonkers to even suggest that.

Why would you not want Colwill or Gilmour?

Were not a top 4 side...they may well become top 4 players away from a top 4 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back