Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky sports new reporting Richie sale was just to balance the books and we don’t have funds for players. Worst case scenario for me, lose our best player and budget replacements…

“The sale of Richarlison to Tottenham in a £60million deal last week has left the club without their leading Premier League scorer from last season, a campaign in which they were without injured England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin for long periods,” they wrote.

“The departures of Fabian Delph, Cenk Tosun, Jonjoe Kenny and Gylfi Sigurdsson after the expiration of their contracts leave a number of places available, but Everton’s finances, having posted cumulative losses of more than £370m over the last three years, mean they are not in a position to spend heavily.”
We know we can't spend heavily, but we will be able to make some signings. Nothing new here.

Sky sports new reporting Richie sale was just to balance the books and we don’t have funds for players. Worst case scenario for me, lose our best player and budget replacements…

“The sale of Richarlison to Tottenham in a £60million deal last week has left the club without their leading Premier League scorer from last season, a campaign in which they were without injured England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin for long periods,” they wrote.

“The departures of Fabian Delph, Cenk Tosun, Jonjoe Kenny and Gylfi Sigurdsson after the expiration of their contracts leave a number of places available, but Everton’s finances, having posted cumulative losses of more than £370m over the last three years, mean they are not in a position to spend heavily.”
What does spend heavily mean though? They havent got any info so they make it vague. Other than the PL, their auditors, our auditors and people at the top of our club, noone actually knows the state of our finances right now in terms of spending. Spending heavily might just mean we can't spend 100ml. Which even without detail, we all know anyway.

I knew we were skint, I thought we would be reinvesting most of the Richie money in the squad though. If his sale was just to balance the books and we’re planning on replacing him with some cheapie deals, we’re in worse trouble than I thought.
The sale was to bring in funds to bring down the loss for the last financial year which means that the average loss over 3 years will come down and should mean that there is money to spend this summer.

I knew we were skint, I thought we would be reinvesting most of the Richie money in the squad though. If his sale was just to balance the books and we’re planning on replacing him with some cheapie deals, we’re in worse trouble than I thought.
It is about what I expected.

We know have wage room. If we make additional sales, there will be money to spend (due to how the process works we won't be limited to the sale price to reinvest, but we will need the sales on the books), but the Richarlison money was just to get us out of the cellar.

Selling Kean is key as he represents the highest worth asset we won't miss. Sell him for 25 and then wriggle 25 more out of sales of Mina, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin and Ellis and we should be able to spend a bit. That could buy what we need if we can get a loan or two.

It is going to be a tough balance. We need assets that are not overpriced, will appreciate, but can contribute immediately to the first XI. Not easy on a budget.

Loan with obligations to buy may well work for us as next summer it should be easier to spend a bit. Other clubs will know that though and inflate the obligatory price.

Thus the interest in Erikson. If he signed we could have handled the wages and it saves a fee. Since he didn't we are moving on to Gibbs White and Gallagher types.

Similar at Striker. Borja on loan with an option makes sense. So does Boyo for ~12 million. Spending 20+ on Dennis less so.

I think there is evidence of a plan, but there are a lot of moving parts.

Sky doing some good work to make other clubs think we haven’t got £60m to blow, nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back