Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis is 2 and 4 years older
Dennis is a cf compared to a cm in one case
Dennis is a proven nobhead
the-riddler-388173.jpg

Sky sports new reporting Richie sale was just to balance the books and we don’t have funds for players. Worst case scenario for me, lose our best player and budget replacements…

“The sale of Richarlison to Tottenham in a £60million deal last week has left the club without their leading Premier League scorer from last season, a campaign in which they were without injured England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin for long periods,” they wrote.

“The departures of Fabian Delph, Cenk Tosun, Jonjoe Kenny and Gylfi Sigurdsson after the expiration of their contracts leave a number of places available, but Everton’s finances, having posted cumulative losses of more than £370m over the last three years, mean they are not in a position to spend heavily.”
I genuinely don't see why everyone is so upset by this. Lots of the media have been going in about how much financial trouble we are in and that we can't really spend anything.

First of all, the definition of spending big might mean different things to different people. They might mean that we buy a £20m player to replace our best player - we all expected that. They might mean that we have to try and put some strangely structured deals in place (like with Dele Alli), or have to really drive teams down on their valuations - we already knew that. They might mean we have to bring in more loans and frees than other clubs around us - we already suspected that, and it doesn't mean we won't buy players too. Or they, may just mean we can't go out and spend £100m plus this summer to rectify a squad that scraped to survival last year - we knew that.

We all know we are in a mess because of the management of the club over the last 6 years and need to start balancing the books, but there is nothing in the statement that is worse than what we already knew.

I do personally believe that if we don't get some signings in we are nailed-on to go down, but I think we will get signings in - let's hope they are decent.

Plus, Sky know F'all anyway!

You mean to tell me that Mosh Man is skint and this whole time it’s been Usmanov’s money he’s been ploughing into the club and not his own? Well I never.
It’s less to do with not having cash to spend, and more to do with not being able to spend what cash we may (or may not) have because we’re treading a fine line re the P&S threshold.

We won’t know for sure until the most recent accounts are published, but reports seem to suggest the Richy funds just about got us back under the 3-year rolling limit for acceptable losses; if that IS the case then we have to perform far better financially in this coming year than we did in the (adjusted if applicable) performance in year one of the aforementioned 3-year period.

TL;DR: Soz abar us.

Sky sports new reporting Richie sale was just to balance the books and we don’t have funds for players. Worst case scenario for me, lose our best player and budget replacements…

“The sale of Richarlison to Tottenham in a £60million deal last week has left the club without their leading Premier League scorer from last season, a campaign in which they were without injured England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin for long periods,” they wrote.

“The departures of Fabian Delph, Cenk Tosun, Jonjoe Kenny and Gylfi Sigurdsson after the expiration of their contracts leave a number of places available, but Everton’s finances, having posted cumulative losses of more than £370m over the last three years, mean they are not in a position to spend heavily.”

If we needed Richarlison sale to balance the books we wouldn't of been able to spend in January seeing as the PL has had to okay every transfer we make.

Sounds like sky just chatting bum gravy to me.

I’d love him here but £30m seems steep.
Whenever I’ve seen him play I’ve always thought he looked a decent player. Not sure where his best position is, but he’s definitely got ability. Yeah £30m seems very steep for a player with a year left on contract who was out on loan last season, I’d probably go as much as £20m but that’s it, hopefully thelwell can pull some strings at wolves.

Whenever I’ve seen him play I’ve always thought he looked a decent player. Not sure where his best position is, but he’s definitely got ability. Yeah £30m seems very steep for a player with a year left on contract who was out on loan last season, I’d probably go as much as £20m but that’s it, hopefully thelwell can pull some strings at wolves.
Thought he had 2 years left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back