Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand all these clubs asking for £30m for their players (KLP, MGW, Broja) but it seems likely the actual fees will fall short of that, something like £20m with maybe a couple of add-ons. Whether we can afford more than one of those expenses is doubtful.

What's most interesting to me right now is that we seem to be after an attacking midfielder in some capacity, with credible links to Eriksen, Lingard (link more iffy on that one), Gibbs-White. I know we've talked a lot about Lampard and Thelwell potentially liking the 3 at the back formations, and I wonder if this is part of that pattern as well. It's possible we're recruiting for that system, where the width comes from the wingbacks with the front 3 being more narrow, either with two inside AMs behind the striker or one AM behind two strikers. I could imagine us playing with DCL upfront, with Gordon/Gray/Dele/MGW/Iwobi fighting for those two positions behind.

MGW won’t be coming here then if thats the price. If we do have £30m to spend its imperative it goes on centre mids, though with that said we’ve got almost zero creativity too so we’re unlikely to solve all our issues this window.

Won't be £30m for Gibbs-White.

That might be what they ask for, but it'll end up being something like £25m including some add-ons

Can't blame them, I'd be wanting a similar sort of figure if he was our player

It’s less to do with not having cash to spend, and more to do with not being able to spend what cash we may (or may not) have because we’re treading a fine line re the P&S threshold.

We won’t know for sure until the most recent accounts are published, but reports seem to suggest the Richy funds just about got us back under the 3-year rolling limit for acceptable losses; if that IS the case then we have to perform far better financially in this coming year than we did in the (adjusted if applicable) performance in year one of the aforementioned 3-year period.

TL;DR: Soz abar us.
I say spend double what we already have, buy a decent squad and take a few points deductions drom the FA...better than losing every game this coming season!

I wonder what the worst case scenario would actually be if the FA threw the book at us. Surely it can't be a worse punishment than watching the dross served up from the players last season, can it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back