Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah but Dennis only scored 2 from the turn of the year mate. So is rubbish.

I mean, so did Broja, but there will be an excuse for that.

Dennis, scored 2 goals in 2022 = Not good enough

Gallagher and Broja, scored 2 goals in 2022 = Spend 70m on them.

Bit simplistic this...

Gallagher is a box to box midfielder who was 21/22 last season and Broja 20. Both high energy young players very good at pressing.

Youre buying potential which can be seen with technique, attitude etc. Clearly you wouldnt find many wanting Broja if he was 24...

Dennis of course is a 24 year old who not known for his technique or attitude.

What I would really like is if we could sign a central midfielder with a wand of a foot who can pick a pass, whip a ball in and do set pieces.

Then I would like a midfielder who can carry the ball forwards who has more technical ability than Doucoure.

Finally I would like a defensive kid who can tackle and win the ball back but also won’t get walked past by Gareth Barry like Allan does.

Makes no difference to us really it will all happen in the same financial year you’d presume whether it’s this summer or next. We might as well get the loan fee and the transfer fee as opposed to just the fee this summer once it goes into this and the same financial year - presuming.
Well yes and no.

The payments could start 1st July 2023.

And theres still a very real chance Juve could find a loophole and bail on the deal.

So we really need this done ASAP.

interesting-batman.gif

But we wouldn't. That's the problem. We would have pickford, tarks (who is new to the club) mykolenko (been here what, 6 months?), doucoure who isn't great and then a new RW/iwobi.

Then colwill, Patterson, Gallagher, gilmour, Gordon, broja.

You are going back 20 years for examples of teams who used young players.

In this country yup it's not been something done certainly by a top team for a whilst.

But abroad it has been - likes of Dortmund being a big example.

Ofc it depends on the quality of the young player more thsn anything, if the current united had that same wave of young players coming through now then they'd be absolute idiots to not play them all like the dud back then.

Same way if we suddenly had Rooney, Gordon, Barkley, Stones at the stage they all broke through, then we'd be playing them all regardless of youth etc.

Talent end of the day wins out.

The reason it's not been done recently is the fire after 3 bad months culture now in premiership footy.

Playing young players will cause inconsistency in results and that scares the hell out of managers nowadays.

I'll go back to the best Everton team I ever saw. Going into the 83/84 season which was the turning point of that squad, the oldest player in the back 4 (including all three cbs) was 23 Southall was I think 24 (so very young for a keeper) sheedy and Steven 22/23 and 19/20 Bracewell - 20, sharp 22/23.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds tbh, Juve are not really going to get anything out of it. They can't sell him to PSG without buying him first then when they do sell him they are just reimbursing themselves for the money they just spent to buy him.

Juve I'm guessing will want to save the loan fee (may or may not be possible depending on us) but will save around 5m in wages - remember they can't even loan him unless they buy so are stuck with him, and his value will decrease a lot with one more year especially if he's not playing at all - he won't at Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back