Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabio Carvalho - 10 goals 8 assists. 19 years old. Joined that lot for 5 million upfront fee (last year of his contract)

Morgan Gibbs-White - 11 goals 9 assists. 22 years old likely still won't get in the Wolves midfield this season, valued at 30 million with 2 years left on contract.

Anything more than 15 million overall is a joke.

Carvalho was out of contract this summer.

Fabio Carvalho - 10 goals 8 assists. 19 years old. Joined that lot for 5 million upfront fee (last year of his contract)

Morgan Gibbs-White - 11 goals 9 assists. 22 years old likely still won't get in the Wolves midfield this season, valued at 30 million with 2 years left on contract.

Anything more than 15 million overall is a joke.

He didn't have 12 months left on his contract. He was out of contract.

That fee was instead of compensation being decided by committee

Moise Kean:

Annual wage: 2.76 mill

Amortisation: 5.60 mill

Annual Cost: 8.36 mill

Book Price: 11.2 mill
So selling him for £28m would help the Profit / Sustainability figures by giving us £16m in accounting profit to be added to the 2022-2023 figures. Not terrible.

In real cashflow terms, we've also received loan fees for him from both Juve (last season) and PSG (2020-2021). They will have already been included in the figures for the previous seasons, presumably.

Bring in Mohamed Bayo from Clermont for £12m as a replacement on a more manageable salary and we're doing ok up front.... Con them into taking Rondon and £7m in cash and we're even better off.

Really? Someone who has barely had a look in in the Prem in years (and this is for a mid table side, not Chelsea or City) and spent last season in the Championship?

If we got £25m for a player like that, we’d be laughing at absolutely rinsing the buyers.
I get what you're saying, but he is a really promising player. He was outstanding last year for Sheffield Utd (one of only two decent players there imo, with Sander Berge) and is only 22.

He only has 2 years left on his deal and won't sign a new one. Wolves are just trying to get as high a price as possible. If it ends up being £25m it would no doubt be full of add-ons and if you are the buying club and you structure those favourably, then you won't begrudge paying them because the lad will have delivered. I reckon he'll move (maybe not to us) for about £15-18 plus add-ons.

And he would be a shrewd signing for anyone at that price.

So selling him for £28m would help the Profit / Sustainability figures by giving us £16m in accounting profit to be added to the 2022-2023 figures. Not terrible.

In real cashflow terms, we've also received loan fees for him from both Juve (last season) and PSG (2020-2021). They will have already been included in the figures for the previous seasons, presumably.

Bring in Mohamed Bayo from Clermont for £12m as a replacement on a more manageable salary and we're doing ok up front.... Con them into taking Rondon and £7m in cash and we're even better off.

Pretty much mate. Wel book 16/17 mill profit, if sold this summer, 23 mill next.

We save his 8.36 mill costs to, but the common understanding in Juve have been taking care of this since last summer, we might save a few million in amortisation Vs loan fee.

Doesnt matter when it happens, once it’s in this financial year, July - 30th of June next year.

I've always been impressed on the few occasions I've seen Gibbs-White, but I think you'd have to walk away if they're asking for £30m.

If what most people are saying is right then Frank plans to play a 5-2-3 formation, Gallagher in that system would be over run in the centre and wouldn`t get goals.

He wont leave Chelsea anyway.... Gallgher fanboys are dreamers.
We've got Allan, Alli, Doucoure and Iwobi all wanting to play either as CMs or attacking central midfielders, and all on £80k+ p/w. On top of that there is also Gomes on £120k p/w and Davies and Gbamin on around £100k combined.

We won't be playing a 5-2-3 unless:

a) we fail bring in a single new midfielder; or

b) we sell Allan, Alli, Gomes and Gbamin AND somehow manage to bring in an absolutely elite CM.

It is far more likely that we'll sell Mina + 1 other CB, and two of Allan, Gomes and Gbamin, and bring in a couple of new faces: a DM and a CM, allowing us to play 433.

Last edited:
Not a direct example of course.

But I doubt we could get 25m for Tom Davies despite him playing well over 100 games in the Premier League.

Its an outrageous sum of money for a player Wolves have deemed surplus for the last 2 years.
Davies is two years older than MGW.
Davies has one year left on his contract, MGW has two.
Davies has never had a season anywhere close to as statistically impressive as MGW just did.

We wouldn't get £25m for Davies because he's not worth it. MGW may not be either, but he's definitely worth more than Davies at this moment in time.

I
Really? Someone who has barely had a look in in the Prem in years (and this is for a mid table side, not Chelsea or City) and spent last season in the Championship?

If we got £25m for a player like that, we’d be laughing at absolutely rinsing the buyers
I totally agree, £25m is way too much, we’ll be mugs if we pay that, I’d rather scour the championship as there’s some very good players kicking around, but then we’d need a decent scouting system for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back