Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I totally agree, £25m is way too much, we’ll be mugs if we pay that, I’d rather scour the championship as there’s some very good players kicking around, but then we’d need a decent scouting system for that.
A very good player with similar qualities , Twine has just gone from MK Dons to Burnley for buttons.

We've got Allan, Alli, Doucoure and Iwobi all wanting to play either as CMs or attacking central midfielders, and all on £80k+ p/w. On top of that there is also Gomes on £120k p/w and Davies and Gbamin on around £100k combined.

We won't be playing a 5-2-3 unless:

a) we fail bring in a single new midfielder; or

b) we sell Allan, Alli, Gomes and Gbamin AND somehow manage to bring in an absolutely elite CM.

It is far more likely that we'll sell Mina + 1 other CB, and two of Allan, Gomes and Gbamin, and bring in a couple of new faces: a DM and a CM, allowing us to play 433.

4-3-3 is my guess what we'll play too, Tarkowski used to playing in a back 4 and good enough too as well

4-3-3 is my guess what we'll play too, Tarkowski used to playing in a back 4 and good enough too as well
Dont agree, yes, our squad is more suitable for 433/451 now. But even we loan out braithwate, we still have 5 senior CB…We need that quantities to rotate in 343/352.And you can see the rumuors recently, we are chasing someone to play CM in that 3 backs system rather than a cover for allan or Dele.

All very quiet isn’t it, I feel that all these links to MGW are all just press speculating and linking us. Even feel a bit like Dennis is a bit lazy reporting.

Only solid link we went and bought.

I think if we don’t have some new bodies in for the US we are gonna struggle, not that that’s the last chance to buy players but we constantly leave it late and the players take time to bed in - then the excuse is they haven’t had a full preseason with the team.

I like the business Leeds are doing, Brentford even tho they’ve lost Eriksen are doing some decent moves, and Fulham are even making decent signings.

We need some movement, if Frank is banking on Tuchel waiting thru preseason to move those players on I think we should move on personally.

If we could sign Colwill + Gilmour + Gallagher + Broja for under £100mil

While selling Richarlison and DCL for £110-120mil

That would be interesting business...while still having Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes etc to sell.
That would mean we would have patterson, colwill, gilmour, gordon & broja all under 21 in our team.
In a squad bereft of leadership and experience, thats playing with fire

If we could sign Colwill + Gilmour + Gallagher + Broja for under £100mil

While selling Richarlison and DCL for £110-120mil

That would be interesting business...while still having Kean, Keane, Mina, Gomes etc to sell.

Genuinely think if we want ANY Chelsea player we will be waiting till deadline day. Tuchel wants a look at them, and if he decides to keep them we have been kept on a hook for the entire window.

Massively concerned that we are gonna wait the entire window and not strengthen.

See Leeds are closest rivals are doing their business quietly and efficiently, signing young up and coming talent.

They may be awful but I have a feeling that they wont.
I notice one of last seasons 'young, up and coming talents' that leicester signed (soumare) is off on loan to Monaco.
Almost as if these signings dont always work out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back