Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Best young player” is a very obviously misleading way to put it. He absolutely is that, however it’s not like he’s really had any competition for that. He gets into our team because we’re utterly crap, he’s an alright player but that’s all he’ll ever be. £35m for a player of his quality is a steal.

Look at it this way is he better than Gray? If he is then we should remember how highly rated Gray was at his age and now he’s being outperformed by an average youth player, a sign of things to come. If he’s not better than Gray then he’s not better than a £1.7m player who’s only a couple years older and who was only £1.7m for a reason, yet we shouldn’t accept £35m for who I’m comparing him to?
We currently have two wingers in the entire squad. We just sold our best player. Whilst I agree he isn't the finished article he also puts in a huge shift and improved over the last season, he will unduobtedly improve his attacking output over time. 35m isn't enough to even consider it. He is a blue we need that dna in the team. Those wanting to sell our only current good players seem to ignore the fact we are struggling to replace our best player right now, do you have faith the money will be reinvested wisely?

I think selling richy, gordon and maybe DCl gives us a chance to make huge changes to the squad and with this terrible team it's bloody needed. Huge risk attached, but for me I would rather roll the dice, as I can't watch this joke of a team much longer.

Lampard gets the likes of Gallagher, Broja, etc then do it.

I think selling richy, gordon and maybe DCl gives us a chance to make huge changes to the squad and with this terrible team it's bloody needed. Huge risk attached, but for me I would rather roll the dice, as I can't watch this joke of a team much longer.

Lampard gets the likes of Gallagher, Broja, etc then do it.
This is it for me. It is a huge risk.

The principle is great - free up a load of cash to rebuild the squad. But we don't even have a head of recruitment - who are we handing the power to transform the squad to?

I think we need to take this very carefully. I don't want to sell our best players to bankroll a full squad makeover this summer.

We currently have two wingers in the entire squad. We just sold our best player. Whilst I agree he isn't the finished article he also puts in a huge shift and improved over the last season, he will unduobtedly improve his attacking output over time. 35m isn't enough to even consider it. He is a blue we need that dna in the team. Those wanting to sell our only current good players seem to ignore the fact we are struggling to replace our best player right now, do you have faith the money will be reinvested wisely?
We’ve only got 2 wingers now, we’re also literally in the first week of the window. If this deal was in the middle of August and we were in the same position I’d feel a lot worse about it. They’ve got the bones of 2 months to replace a winger with 4 goals last season, let’s boil it down to the facts of it.

The valuation of players will no doubt change over the next few years but I truly feel that if we sell Gordon for £35m then we’ll almost certainly not look back at it in any points in the next 10 years and say “he went a bit cheap then”.

We’ve had so many examples of a young player coming in and doing well when we were poor, because they’re replacing poor players. It’s happened with DCL, Holgate, Davies, Gordon and many more, the only one with any sort of success was DCL. I’d take the odds that Gordon will join the rest and not be an outlier.

No we still have to replace him and it would cost that much also as I said it sends the wrong message out

You could replace Gordon with better for that price or you could replace his contribution for less. Lets not forget the lad got 4 goals and 2 assists last season and one of those goals was Richarlison shot that slightly clipped his ankle and two of them was massive defections.

Like I said I like the lad and want him to do well but if we sold him we're not selling messi. Hes not integral to the way we play.

We currently have two wingers in the entire squad.
616A9C90-A1BC-4C4D-8276-BB18FA904510.webp

You could replace Gordon with better for that price or you could replace his contribution for less. Lets not forget the lad got 4 goals and 2 assists last season and one of those goals was Richarlison shot that slightly clipped his ankle and two of them was massive defections.

Like I said I like the lad and want him to do well but if we sold him we're not selling messi. Hes not integral to the way we play.
Who exactly can we buy for cheaper to replace him? We are being quoted £30m for Championship and other really unproven players with unimpressive records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back