Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mykolenko is so far ahead of Nkonkou it’s not even a debate for Lampard.

Nkonkou showed attacking intent in league cup games against lower league opposition but we have no idea how he’d fare in the PL and judging by him being out on loan last season and even Kenny favoured over him it’s probably a sign he needs a lot more development before he’s ready for first team football.

Mykolenko was ready for the first team by the end of last season and was one of our better players in the run in as well as being a full international with CL experience.

Personally didnt see anything to suggest he is "so far ahead" . Myko improved but he was still average at best.

Tell you what if and when Coleman starts the season at right back I'm straight back into the "Lampard has learned nothing and we're getting relegated" camp. No excuses not to put faith in Patterson now and tell him to show what he's all about. If he can look like a star for Scotland then he sure as hell other to be starting over a player who has been more or less finished, bar the odd cameo, for about four years.

Patterson-Tarkowski-Mina-Mykolenko for me looks as strong a defence as and had in a decade.

If 5:
Patterson-Tarkowski-Mina-Godfrey-Mykolenko

And no qualms to give Keane a chance too, as he's proven to up his game if he's got quality alongside him. Just no more Holgate next to Keane ever.
You are entitled to your opinion but surely every team should contain the players in form.

Every member of the squad who is fit and available will be considered by management, they will pick the team they feel is most capable of winning.

Personally didnt see anything to suggest he is "so far ahead" . Myko improved but he was still average at best.

I'll be honest I personally thought we'd bought another dud in mykolenko after watching his first few games but after he got used to the pace of the league I think he looked like a very good LB.

Obviously he his more of a defensive LB then the attacking ones we've been used too in the past 15 years at everton but anyone who can mark salah out of a game is a good player imo.

You still charging for your podcast that you leak news thats not meant to be yet you big grass?
Big grass…grow up lad. Same podcast that donated £300 to a stage 4 cancer fighter last week, the same podcast that donates £350 to a kids teams who couldn’t afford a new kit. Also the same podcast that donates £1000 to the Everton Ukraine Fund, and donates £1000 to the foodbanks at Christmas, whilst all having full time jobs and try to fit in a podcast around our home lives. I’ll forever continue being a grass if it means being able to do this sort of stuff ??

Booooooooo

So hope this is true. His name came up in an article a few years ago about midfielders who could make a step up to bigger clubs. The name made me laugh so have kept an eye on him over the last few years, mostly through highlights admittedly (which I know is dangerous) as Toulouse are in Ligue 2, but he seems decent.

Big and powerful, good on the ball, an eye for goal and (most importantly for us) excellent at delivering set-pieces. He is a bit slow though.

But I can't imagine him costing more than £5-10 m. Worth the punt if we see skint. Same with Knight from Derby.

Big grass…grow up lad. Same podcast that donated £300 to a stage 4 cancer fighter last week, the same podcast that donates £350 to a kids teams who couldn’t afford a new kit. Also the same podcast that donates £1000 to the Everton Ukraine Fund, and donates £1000 to the foodbanks at Christmas, whilst all having full time jobs and try to fit in a podcast around our home lives. I’ll forever continue being a grass if it means being able to do this sort of stuff ??
ignore them hat man keep up the good work

....and even if you guys were doing none of those great things with the money you'd be perfectly entitled to charge a couple of quid a month for the amount of content you produce. Keep up the good work.

Ignore him mate, I for one appreciate the updates. The club give us nothing, the Echo know nothing.

Mykolenko is so far ahead of Nkonkou it’s not even a debate for Lampard.

Nkonkou showed attacking intent in league cup games against lower league opposition but we have no idea how he’d fare in the PL and judging by him being out on loan last season and even Kenny favoured over him it’s probably a sign he needs a lot more development before he’s ready for first team football.

Mykolenko was ready for the first team by the end of last season and was one of our better players in the run in as well as being a full international with CL experience.

With 5 subs I think Nkonkou should be retained and given some minutes this season, especially if Myko is on a yellow or starting to tire

Having 5 subs will be a great mechanism for getting the younger players more minutes whilst keeping the first teamers fresh if we use it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back