Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that as we don't have much money we're going all out for free signings as there's not much of a upfront fee, as well as maximising as many loans as possible, then bringing buys in.

The only issue with loans is that they normally happen at the end of the window.

I'd be happy with a new face, as long as it looked better than the one I already have. Something like Marty Feldman would do.
_The_Marty_Feldman_Comedy_Machine_.jpg

Well, I don't think it's ridiculous to say that if Alli is going to be starting, and thus triggering payments, the Richarlison money is accounted for.

They're not like-for-like players, but he probably will replace him in the line-up.
In a team that has so few goals in it, that seems beyond irresponsible.

Not true at all.

But thats 1 of the downsides of Iwobi consumption.
It is though, even Alli's supposed excellence against Palace is greatly exaggerated.

It's fine, five to ten games into next season we'll either all be well aware that Dele is a goal hanger with no other real impact or we'll be wondering why he's not getting chances when it's because he's a goal hanger with no real other ability to make an impact.

It is though, even Alli's supposed excellence against Palace is greatly exaggerated.

It's fine, five to ten games into next season we'll either all be well aware that Dele is a goal hanger with no other real impact or we'll be wondering why he's not getting chances when it's because he's a goal hanger with no real other ability to make an impact.
And we will want Iwobi sold in Jan.

Man like Dele has forgotten more about football than Iwobi knows.

And we will want Iwobi sold in Jan.

Man like Dele has forgotten more about football than Iwobi knows.
No mate.

Here's my first post calling Dele overrated. Ignore the defending Ross bit.

But you think Kane is overrated as well
I greatly exxagerrated Kane's demise a couple of years ago. His ability to reinvent himself has been impressive. But it is dishonest to act like he's the same player he was 5 years ago.

Anyway I'm not really sure what that has to do with Alli being utter garbo?

I greatly exxagerrated Kane's demise a couple of years ago. His ability to reinvent himself has been impressive. But it is dishonest to act like he's the same player he was 5 years ago.

Anyway I'm not really sure what that has to do with Alli being utter garbo?
I have no idea whether 2022 Dele is any good.

But he was world class a few years back.

I am convinved he is. Look at the 3 players front and central in the kit launch.
Will be a front 2 of DCL and Alli with Gordon behind, or a simple front 3 of those 3. Any other forward brought in will be as backup with a view to staring the following season if we have to sell DCL.

Right or wrong. I fully believe Alli will be a first team player uptop next season.
Could all go wrong, but I would be shocked if we bring in a first team replace for Richarlison.
What money we have, will be for the centre of the park, and maybe a utility player who can cover a few positions.

You could well be right. I just hope we don’t persist with 523. Also I think to get the best out of DCL you need crosses and I actually think crossing is not Dele’s thing.

If I’m reading the tea leaves correctly, I think we’ve got money for one 20m+ signing, maybe with slightly less upfront than normal. And now the club is figuring out how to spend that money, and that decision would largely depend on who is available on a free or on loan to plug some of the holes. Which would explain why we’ve heard about Eriksen, then MGW once he turned us down. The Dennis links seemed to follow our first supposed bid for KLP.

If that is true, and I’m totally guessing here, then I think that money should definitely go towards a midfielder. Of the names that have mentioned so far, I like the idea of Zinchenko, MGW, or I’m also intrigued by this Onana guy at Lille. Looks like a good defensive presence, 6’5” but comfortable on the ball. Literally just basing on a highlights video of course. That would potentially allow Doucoure/Allan to play in their correct positions and free up Iwobi and Dele in AM roles. We’d still be super light in creativity and passing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.