Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funniest thing ive ever read.

Imagine coming at Iceland with Iwobi.

My sides.
The point is more positions matter than anything. Putting Alli wide or in midfield is pointless because he's not good at either the same as it was with Sigurdsson.

We're going to find this out because we're very unlikely to play a role that allows for someone to just roam around trying to occasionally get on the end of something. You'll see it shortly.

Or you won't because Frank will continue to see him as pointless.

The point is more positions matter than anything. Putting Alli wide or in midfield is pointless because he's not good at either the same as it was with Sigurdsson.

We're going to find this out because we're very unlikely to play a role that allows for someone to just roam around trying to occasionally get on the end of something. You'll see it shortly.

Or you won't because Frank will continue to see him as pointless.
I watched Iwobi wonder around the pitch for the last 3 years and do nothing, so Dele doing it wont be that hard to imagine.

I watched Iwobi wonder around the pitch for the last 3 years and do nothing, so Dele doing it wont be that hard to imagine.
It's funny because you're somehow the only one who still sees nothing in Iwobi.

He's totally getting stranded at RWB though next year so you'll end up looking alright about it.

I’m not expert on those clubs but wouldn’t he be behind Ndidi and Soumare and Soucek and Rice?
Yeah, I mean those caveats apply of course.

I’m just feeling a bit of an inferiority complex after last season’s exploits, though I’m finding it quite hard to calibrate that. I’m not really sure on where we stand in the order of things at the moment.

Not seen him, but....

Last summer Leicester signed Soumare from Lille. He was a regular starter as DM for the Ligue 1 champions. He was terrible for Leicester. So bad that Mendy, that was not registered to play in the league before January, became a regular and a massive upgrade on Soumare. Rodgers could hardly find place for Soumare in the match day squad second half of the season.

Onana is not a regular starter for Lille. A Lille side that no longer are champions but finished 10th in the league last season.

I dont doubt that Onana is talented and has great potential, but is he ready for Premier League? Can Everton spend big money to sign him and expect him to need 6-18 months before he starts matches?

Liverpool spent £40 million on Fabinho and waited 5 months before they played him in the league. Gueye was not great for Villa his first season. Veretout struggled big time.

It is different with offensive players. You can be patient with them. Give them 15-30 minutes per match. Waiting for them to be ready. You can not do that with central midfielders. You need to wait for them to be ready. And without matching in Europe, that wait can be long.
It’s a very good point. Obviously having not seen him play, I like the idea of him more than I know I want the actual player. I’m desperate for a successful version of that profile in our side, I think it would have solved a lot of our problems the last couple of years. But to your point I would have been stoked to land Soumare last year. Have to trust Thelwell and Lampard on those types of gamble I guess.

Not seen him, but....

Last summer Leicester signed Soumare from Lille. He was a regular starter as DM for the Ligue 1 champions. He was terrible for Leicester. So bad that Mendy, that was not registered to play in the league before January, became a regular and a massive upgrade on Soumare. Rodgers could hardly find place for Soumare in the match day squad second half of the season.

Onana is not a regular starter for Lille. A Lille side that no longer are champions but finished 10th in the league last season.

I dont doubt that Onana is talented and has great potential, but is he ready for Premier League? Can Everton spend big money to sign him and expect him to need 6-18 months before he starts matches?

Liverpool spent £40 million on Fabinho and waited 5 months before they played him in the league. Gueye was not great for Villa his first season. Veretout struggled big time.

It is different with offensive players. You can be patient with them. Give them 15-30 minutes per match. Waiting for them to be ready. You can not do that with central midfielders. You need to wait for them to be ready. And without matching in Europe, that wait can be long.

Good post mate and we definitely need some midfielders that can come in and hit the ground running. I’ve no idea about this guy Onana.

Transfers are always a gamble and you make some excellent points. Who would have thought when Leicester brought in Kante and Mahrez that they would be so good, especially given that Kante came in from the French second tier. But the example you give of Fabinho is spot on as was the case with Thiago

Yeah, I mean those caveats apply of course.

I’m just feeling a bit of an inferiority complex after last season’s exploits, though I’m finding it quite hard to calibrate that. I’m not really sure on where we stand in the order of things at the moment.
Oh we’re down there mate. I’m not sure we can spend anything anyway but I think representatives would talk to us because historically we’ve paid players silly money

That twitter ITK FFN claiming we only want to put small amounts up front which is why we haven't been to complete any deals yet. Sounds about right

It’s a very good point. Obviously having not seen him play, I like the idea of him more than I know I want the actual player. I’m desperate for a successful version of that profile in our side, I think it would have solved a lot of our problems the last couple of years. But to your point I would have been stoked to land Soumare last year. Have to trust Thelwell and Lampard on those types of gamble I guess.
Gbamin. Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

Scouted by and linked to bigger clubs than Onana. What could have been.

Crazy. I know. And I know better than to expect anything from Gbamin. But what if...? If he could stay fit. Stay professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.