Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because they just had to dig in and play whatever footy it needed. He now wants to play his way, he won’t have had enough time to assess the squad for his style while in a relegation battle.

He tried to play his style when he first came in and found out back then that they couldn’t do it. There is nothing left for him to learn about these players.

The deal is all about potential. Hes not a Fabinho or a Guimaraes who can come in with a base level of ability that would give us confidence. Incidentally both of those players i championed for us to sign.

With Onana its a DM whose 6'5 that ticks a lot of boxes...potentially.

As with Patterson, Branthwaite and Gordon with that age you wont get the consistency or peak level...nor would you know exactly what you have.

It would be a player for Lampard to mould and we know hes got a good track record of improving youth.

Aside from.our u23 (now u21) side we dont have any top young midfielders...weve got players around the squad that were brought in who are u21 but not midfield signings.

We also dont NEED him to hit the ground running...he can be eased in.

This is a rebuilding stage.
Disagree so much with this so much we do need somebody to come in and hit the ground running cm is like the cb position. Is why tark was bought in was shocking last season allan cant be trusted because of injuries same gbamin. Davies squad player at best, gomes not good enough. With the funds not alot this window we cant just go out and buy potential we need quality who can come in and make an impact.

The likes of Gbamin, a fully fit DCL, Lewis Warrington for example he hasn’t mate.

Half of the squad was shot by injury or drained of confidence since he took over.

I think now he’s starting with a clean slate all fresh and will get a better idea of who’s in his plans and who’s not.
And of course he has no money to spend.

Disagree so much with this so much we do need somebody to come in and hit the ground running cm is like the cb position. Is why tark was bought in was shocking last season allan cant be trusted because of injuries same gbamin. Davies squad player at best, gomes not good enough. With the funds not alot this window we cant just go out and buy potential we need quality who can come in and make an impact.
Midfield is all about blend. The players need to complement each other. I’m sure most of the midfielders could be more effective in a team that suited their style. Don’t get me wrong, some are dross and need to be moved on. Hopefully we’ll have a more balanced midfield this season which will bring the best out of the current crop.

Midfield is all about blend. The players need to complement each other. I’m sure most of the midfielders could be more effective in a team that suited their style. Don’t get me wrong, some are dross and need to be moved on. Hopefully we’ll have a more balanced midfield this season which will bring the best out of the current crop.
just dont trust any of the mids all so one paced, really hope we can bring atleast 2 players in. Would like see a dm and somebody who can create things, imo we need a players in rm, 2 cm and then atleast another cf

No because they just had to dig in and play whatever footy it needed. He now wants to play his way, he won’t have had enough time to assess the squad for his style while in a relegation battle.
Lampard will know 99% of what he needs to know or ever will know about the abilities of the vast majority of this squad. The only exceptions are the injured players, loanees and young players.

Edit: this is if he is in anyway competent as a manager and a quick learn.

I would not be concentrating on any wide players this season, fullbacks or wingers. This team needs a spine and I would be getting another CB two more MF players and a striker
Needed
1 x Cb
2 CMs
1 no10
1 striker

If we get those I’d be over the moon, if we can also add a wide player with an end product the. Fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back